Songs the Electric Mayhem should cover...

grail

Reaction score
i could see them doing "32 Footsteps" or "Don't Let's Start" by They Might Be Giants...or even "Older"
"If I Had A Million Dollars" - Barenaked Ladies
"I Wanna Be Sedated" - The Ramones
"After Midnight" - Clapton

that's all i can really think of right now that might be good...more later maybe.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Here's a list of Grateful Dead songs they should do. I think Floyd would have to sing them all, being his voice kind of sounds like Jerry's sometimes and Bob's others times. Here's the list:

Box of Rain
Help is on the Way
Black Muddy River
China Cat Sunflower
St. Stephen (w/ Janice backup)
Playing in the Band
Ramblin' Rose (w/ Janice)

...and more! :smile:

-Matt

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
"You Spin Me Round" was Dead Or Alive, not Devo.
Right, my bad. And I even have the mp3!

More picks...

Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
Devil Went Back to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band (hey, they did the first song on TMS; they've got to do the sequel!)
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith (w/Floyd on vocals)
Orange Blossom Special (possibly a jam session w/the jug band)

-Kim

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I could see the Mayhem performing "32 Footsteps", with Floyd and Dr. Teeth sharing lead vocals. (Dr. Teeth particularly on the "Bing bang bingalong..." part.)

How about:

"A Kiss To Build A Dream On"--Louis Armstrong (Dr. Teeth on vocals, Zoot sax solo)

"Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans" (I used this for my Harry Connick, Jr. outline, Harry and Floyd share vocals)

"When The Levee Breaks"--Led Zeppelin (Janice on vocals, Animal drum solo)

"Moby Dick"--Led Zeppelin (Animal drum solo)

"Hair" (Floyd lead vocals, interrupted by the giant monsters, Gorgs, and various other hairy things)

"Great Balls Of Fire"--Jerry Lee Lewis (Dr. Teeth on vocals)

"No Such Thing"--John Mayer (Floyd on vocals)

"Tripping Billies"--Dave Matthews Band (if I ever write a Muppets/Dave Matthews outline this'll be in there...more opportunities for Zoot to do a sax solo)

"Everybody's Boppin"--Lambert, Hendricks & Ross (Floyd, Janice and Zoot vocals)

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by TravellingMatt
I could see the Mayhem performing "32 Footsteps", with Floyd and Dr. Teeth sharing lead vocals. (Dr. Teeth particularly on the "Bing bang bingalong..." part.)
i'm so glad i'm not the only person who thinks that it's a dead on impression. though i always thought it was more Rowlf than Teeth (yeah, yeah, i know...), and then it sounds JUST like Animal with the yelling at the end...

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Actually, Dicky Barrett (lead singer for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones) sounds more like Dr. Teeth. I could picture the band playing "Hope I Never Lose My Wallet" (my favorite Bosstones song) because of this.

I also created an entire outline of TMS with They Might Be Giants as the special guest stars. Some of the highlights:

The green feathered creature from the "Hugga Wugga" bit sings "Birdhouse In Your Soul"...from inside Gorgon Heap's stomach.

Scooter singing "Particle Man", with Beaker as Particle Man, Boppity as Triangle Man, and Sweetums as Universe Man.

They Might Be Giants singing "Why Does The Sun Shine" with various Muppets.

TMBG singing "Boss Of Me" with the giant monsters.

And this Muppet newsflash: it is revealed that the sun used in the "Why Does THe Sun Shine?" number is actually a bowling ball...which clonks the Newsman on the head.

grail

Reaction score
he really does, doesn't he? hmm...add "Rascal King" to my list, then. and yeah, i saw the TMBG thing before, i think...quite impressive as always

Drtooth

Reaction score
I ALways thought that they could do J friends from Sesame Street!

It just sounds like Floyd and Dr. Teeth signing the first two versus!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Scooter singing "Particle Man", with Beaker as Particle Man, Boppity as Triangle Man, and Sweetums as Universe Man.
*giggles* That's good. I like it, I like it.

But...no "Istanbul, not Constantinople?" :confused:

-Kim