I need a little help...

grail

Reaction score
yeah, it sucks...but oh well...

so what else would YOU want to see made? you were one of the one's who's comments i was waiting to see (and Cory, and Byron, and maybe even a couple of the Palisades guys...well, everyone really...but those were who i was EXPECTING to get stuff from...the only one i expected to get stuff from and actually have is Gumby...)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Aw, well thank ya grail ale..not many people actually want to hear my opinions. :smile: Lets see...

1) The MST3K's like we said

2) I'd like Bettlejuice figs, but from the cartoon version of the show. I believe there are already movie figs...I think...

3) LoL, I'd like gangsta rap figs that had the ability to fight eachother (like ghetto WWF Figs). :big_grin:

4) I think the WHO deserve a nice set of figures in their likeness...I think they could do a whole series....from back in the My Generation days, all the way up til now (give or take a few members, unfortunately).

5) I'd really like to see Quadrophenia character figs. Jimmy, Steph, Dave and the gangs. Those would be cool.

6) I don't know if they have them or not, but A Clockwork Orange figures are was overdue if they don't.

...need I say more? Yes? Well, that's all you get for right now, go away! :smile:

-Matt

Lu775

Reaction score
wish list

Ok, here's my top 10 wish list, in no particular order...

1. Barbapapa figures
2. Earthworm Jim pvcs
3. Fraggle Figures
4. Twiddle Bug pvcs
5. Batman TAS pvcs
6. Justice League pvcs
7. Jeremy the Bear (or Barnaby the Bear in the UK) figures or plushes
8. Dr. Snuggles figures
9. Dexter's Lab pvcs (Well, Monkey and Major Glory)
10. Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings.

How's that for a rather "old skool" wish list?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: wish list

Originally posted by Lu775

9. Dexter's Lab pvcs (Well, Monkey and Major Glory)
There are Dexter PVC's in the US, but they only have a three figure set of Dexter, Mandark and DeeDee. A monkey figure was available with the Larger Dexter figure (posable) but Monkey didn't have the costume on.

I'd Kill for a Justice Freinds set. "specially Krunk!

As for the E-bay Darkwing figure lot....DARN!!! DARN DARN DARN!!!!

I wish I could bid! I'd kill for that set, though I have some of htem already. I got Megavolt as a gift from a friend on my 9th Birthday! I got a Launch pad (loose) at a comic book store last year for 2 bucks! But Steelbeak and Tuskernini... droooooool!!!

GWGumby

Reaction score
I just saw the new Peanuts figures for the first time, and it inspired some more ideas:

Far Side: A generic assortment of Gary Larson inspired cows, chickens, nerds and aliens to re-enact famous one-panels of yesteryear.

Calvin & Hobbes: As much as I respect Bill Watterson's wishes for no merchandising, I really think it would be cool to have a set of these figures. I'd love Calvin & Hobbes dancing in a PVC sculpt.

Dilbert: Yeah, there's some merchandise, but most of it is plush. I'd prefer Muppet/Simpson-size figures. Or Quinnnnnnn-style Little-People.

Comic All-stars: B.C., Wizard of Id, Hagar, Geech, Dagwood, Ziggy etc. I think individually a lot of classic comics wouldn't be strong enough to stand as a line on their own, but maybe releasing a series of famous funny-pages figures would be cool and could last for years.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

Far Side: A generic assortment of Gary Larson inspired cows, chickens, nerds and aliens to re-enact famous one-panels of yesteryear.
That's what I'm talkin' about! I absolutely adore the Far Side...good idea GW. :smile:

-Matt

Rufus

Reaction score
There WERE Far Side prototypes made... they were in an Action Figure magazine a year or so ago. If no one around here has seen them, I'll see if I can find the magazine and do some scans.

6. "Transformers" Full-Size Prop Replicas
You do realize how BIG these would be? Even the Matrix, which would be a really cool prop to have, would be at least half the size of an average human (don't think the matrix was ever shown next to a human, but judging from from the size of it in a TF's hands...)
Unless you meant in scale to us as through we were the size of Transformers... than that would probably be more doable!

And grail, I did get your email... I will try to reply this weekend sometime. I was swamped at work this week...

- R -

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Comic All-stars: B.C., Wizard of Id, Hagar, Geech, Dagwood, Ziggy etc. I think individually a lot of classic comics wouldn't be strong enough to stand as a line on their own, but maybe releasing a series of famous funny-pages figures would be cool and could last for years.
FoxTrot! FoxTrot figures would ROCK!

-Kim

EDIT: Oh, and I thought of something else I'd like to see - decent figures of the characters from Miyazaki's "Spirited Away," especially Chihiro/Sen and Haku (in BOTH forms for Haku).

grail

Reaction score
Rufus -

er...yeah, i usually say "person-sized" when tossing that one out, but i'm usually the only one who gets the joke. the way i figure it, the matrix would be about 12-14" from one end of the ring to the other. and i really like the idea of having someone sculpt Optimus or Rodimus' hands and forearms to use as the base.

um, yeah...i've put some work into that one on my own already...with any luck, i'll have one cobbled together soon

cool about the mail too, i was beginning to wonder...but the idea is not to pressure, it's to get people a look at good work, and maybe expand some portfolios and get some names out there...you were the first one i thought of.

Skeeter - actually, i think i heard that either that or "Zitz" would be coming out soon. i'll look into it and let you know...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Skeeter - actually, i think i heard that either that or "Zitz" would be coming out soon. i'll look into it and let you know...
Ooh, another good comic! You wouldn't believe how many times I've read it and gone, "Now that's exactly like our family!" (I have an 18 year-old younger brother {can't say "little" because he's almost a foot taller than I am}, and some of the things in that strip are just dead on)

-Kim