Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

Censored

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
I'm 15 and I'd really love to get this set, but I don't what to do, My Mom says she forbids me to buy this set, What should I tell her about the set that could change her mind???

What to say to her would depend on what her reasons are for forbidding you to buy the set. Did she say why?

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
She said it's a baby/Preschooler show and she wouldn't want my friends to see that I have a DVD like that. I showed her the review of it on Muppet Central, A little bit of her oppinion changed, but now she says that I could get it when I'm in my 20's or 30's, Yeah probobly then DVD's will be obsolete like how VHS's are.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I guess it's time to find a job so you can buy it yourself if you don't have 1 yet.

Don't think I'm trying to sound mean but that's the only thing I can think of.

Censored

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
She said it's a baby/Preschooler show and she wouldn't want my friends to see that I have a DVD like that. I showed her the review of it on Muppet Central, A little bit of her oppinion changed, but now she says that I could get it when I'm in my 20's or 30's, Yeah probobly then DVD's will be obsolete like how VHS's are.

Well, you could always try to fall back on the DVD disclaimer that it "may not be appropriate for preschoolers" to convince your mother, (even though it is perfectly fine for preschoolers).

In the meantime, there is still a lot of classic Sesame Street you can watch on YouTube.

ftnpro

Reaction score
FINALLY got Sesame Street Old School (for Christmas), and I'm enjoying the heck out of them. I'm glad they included entire episodes, so I could recall how the original episodes were paced (a lot more interesting to watch than today's episodes, but then... I'm not a three year old).

No, not all of my favorite segments are represented, which just leaves me wanting MORE! (Hint hint to Sesame Workshop.)

fatblue

Reaction score
more?

Oh, I think we'll see more, because there is so much more to see! The list is too long of skits I like, but I'm sure other volumes will follow.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know how well this set has sold in stores? It would be good to know what the sales are, and possibly good to know if it sold better or worse than the two Electric Company sets (it would be good to know if it sold better than whichever EC set sold better, and perhaps if it sold better than both sets combined).

I read at Wikpedia's page for The Electric Company that the second EC box set had some segments replaced with segments that were not included in the episodes when they originally aired. It was suggested that this was most likely due to the skits being on earlier sets and the DVD producers not wanting to repeat segments. I wonder if Sesame Workshop will have any skits replaced on volume 2 of Old School if they were on the first set. I've read that some of the skits on the first EC set were repeated in other episodes, so the fact that Old School had segments repeated wouldn't neccessarily prevent the next one from repeating segments. Of course, if Electric Company or Sesame Street episodes get segments replaced just to avoid repeats, then I wonder if that limits the amount of volumes that can be made.