Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Davina

Reaction score
I'm currently more annoyed with China for it's major role in the toxic pet food, stock animal feed, toothpaste, etc.. just be happy these aren't edible :smile:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
If any of you take solice in this, the manufacturers that MR uses from China are the best in the nation, and they know it. These aren't sweat shops, child working factories, these are top of the line factories with employees that receive very adequate pay.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
If any of you take solice in this, the manufacturers that MR uses from China are the best in the nation, and they know it. These aren't sweat shops, child working factories, these are top of the line factories with employees that receive very adequate pay.

Well said BDW! :concern:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First of all, I would like to address Tom Mogan's issue:

Sorry to say, count me out. For these prices don't you think they could have produced them, if not in the USA (the country responsible for their conceptual existence and design), at least in a country not quite so famous for child, prison and slave labor?

As several people have noted, we do not use factories that utilize child, prison, or slave labor. In fact, ALL of the factories we use are state of the art facilities -- they are clean, and the workers are treated (and paid) well. Couple that with the fact that all Disney licensors are required to use factories on the Disney "approved" list (for this very reason) and I can assure there is nothing shady about our manufactuing in China. Fact-of-the-matter remains, it's still cheaper to do it in China legitimately, than to do make these in the US. For now, anyway.

Travis, I would like to know how has Gonzo's nose been made for the first factory sample?(Is it fiber covered wire, covered in fabric?)Also, what is your comment or reaction to us who have said that we would prefer to have a plastic or resin nose as possability of his nose isnt that important as it is for display and rarely happens in photos anyway?As long as we can get a cellular textured nose that looks like foam?

The first factory samplefor the nose was the wire armature, covered with a kind of non-porous foam, and then covered with a porous material to replicate the foamy-ness. Is this the way that I would have done it..? No. Does it look bad? No, in fact, it's better than I would have guessed. But I have passed along the message regarding "what the fans want." The problem is, I don't know if it's too late to impact it. Resin tough, is certainly not an option. Too costly, and too heavy.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
When we be seeing pre-orders for Gonzo Travis? We are REALLY looking forward to seeing new pic of him as well!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned before... we're still working on him. And we don't want to put him up for pre-order until we can KNOW we can make him -- and more importantly, HOW we're going to make him.

So, I don't know. We have a date in mind, but I will not share it, in case we miss it... Believe me, we want to get him up for sale as badly as you want to buy him! :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well, we all hope that you can make him. We all will be looking forward to getting him when the time comes. I hope there will be a good chance that he will come out successful and so far, I think he looks great Travis! Don't give up! :concern:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned before... we're still working on him. And we don't want to put him up for pre-order until we can KNOW we can make him -- and more importantly, HOW we're going to make him.

So, I don't know. We have a date in mind, but I will not share it, in case we miss it... Believe me, we want to get him up for sale as badly as you want to buy him! :smile:

yes thanks there Travis! soooo cant WAIT to get Gonzo too! :smirk: