Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
:confused: :concern: WHAT! lol you NEVER seen "the Muppet Movie"? when Doc is tryin to get kermit...and be his new spoke-frog for his Doc Hoppers FrogLegs? :eek:
Nooooo, I saw the movie, I just got sidetracked is all. I did not know it was refering to the movie. I thought it was refering to Doc Hopper here on the board! LOL.

Tom Morgan

Reaction score
Country of Origin

Hello,
I just came accross the email about this product. It sounds good, I have always been a Muppet fan. I have 2 questions:
Is Kermit still available?
Where are these made? Can someone with a Kermit look at the little tag and tell me where it was manufactured?
Thanks,
Tom Morgan

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
As we speak, Kermit is still available but I suggest ordering one very quickly as they are limited to 2,500 worldwide and have been available for quite some time now. The finished replicas were made in China and are based on the original replica patterns. I have one and, trust me, the quality is amazing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Travis, I would like to know how has Gonzo's nose been made for the first factory sample?(Is it fiber covered wire, covered in fabric?)Also, what is your comment or reaction to us who have said that we would prefer to have a plastic or resin nose as possability of his nose isnt that important as it is for display and rarely happens in photos anyway?As long as we can get a cellular textured nose that looks like foam?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just have this feeling that it is going to be awhile before we hear about Gonzo. realizing that he is taking more time due to his Nose problem and thats just part of it. There is a lot more to him when they start production. Like clothes and making him himself. Sounds like there is a lot to conquer to get him out. We will have to wait and see what Travis says when he gets on here. I am really hoping our wait won't be to long. Seems like there is no one other than Travis to elaborate on our poor Gonzo. I know I will be just as excited to see him as I do now. :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I dont think there is that much work to do on Gonzo apart from his nose.All the other things are minor.They have to add his feather hair cluster and just change his fur color and clothes color.He is almost there so hopefully should just make shipping by the end of the year.

Tom Morgan

Reaction score
Sad news

Mistersuperstar, thank you for your reply:

"The finished replicas were made in China..."

Sorry to say, count me out. For these prices don't you think they could have produced them, if not in the USA (the country responsible for their conceptual existence and design), at least in a country not quite so famous for child, prison and slave labor?

OK, rant mode off, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

(Jeez, what the heck was that?)
(Oh, nothing, just some cranky old idealist, probably remembers the sixties and listens to NPR. Ignore him, he'll go away.)

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am sure that MR is working with people that get paid good. I have been with MR for years and they do put out good products. I don't really look at the small stuff. Also, the price does not reflect where they where made. It also reflect the type of materials that where used. These are collecter items and sometimes this is the downfall of collecting. We have all seen Travis and Terry put a lot of work into them, and I can imagine that MR would not be so cheap on using bad materials for making there items or have some poor person in China making them. Other companies yes, but what can we really do about it? Nothing. Stop buying something will not help in any matter. Whe are just not a very bright country to do things ourselves, but like I said, that is life.