Wembly is a WOMAN?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wembleys a Woman? Well so is Bart, Arnold (from Hey Arnold), Bart, and Tommy Pickles so I guess thats not too far fetched...If she sounds somewhat like a man, I guess its not too bad an idea because the Japanese wouldnt know what our Wembley sounds like anyways....

Maybe it's because he has a high pitched panicky voice or they think they're being cute... It still seems odd to me. But then again, all Dub companies all over the world do the same thing. We gave adult Goku a MAN's voice, when he was originally played by a woman...

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Wembly's voice actress in Japan if you imagine her yellow looks like him. The roundess of her face at least.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wembleys a Woman? Well so is Bart, Arnold (from Hey Arnold), Bart, and Tommy Pickles so I guess thats not too far fetched...If she sounds somewhat like a man, I guess its not too bad an idea because the Japanese wouldnt know what our Wembley sounds like anyways....
Actually Arnold from "Hey Arnold!" was played by a boy. In America at least, I don't know about anywhere else.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Drtooth that is cool. I wonder how it works. Do they just randomely select the voice actors for the characters in Fraggle Rock or are they chosen the same way the muppeteers were with a speciffic character in mind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
2 words... Au Ditions...

They call up a bunch of people and they get them to read lines... whomever they think works gets the job. Just like in the US...

But Unless I said it before, the same exact voice actors who do dub roles in Japan are the very same pople who voice their own cartoon characters.

That would be tantamount to getting Jim Cumminrgs and Rob Paulsen (for example) to redub actors in a French Sitcom or something like that.

Telly

Reaction score
You're forgetting one of the most IMPORTANT voice dubs done by Chika SAKAMOTO.....DJ Tanner from Full House! :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can someone get in contact with Muppet WIKI or something? This seems like info they could use.

I'd post it myself, but I'm afraid it could get deleted.