1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Wembly is a WOMAN?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Drtooth, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

D'oh! I'm gunna get me some Fwaggles! Mmmmm...Fraggles...
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

LOL!
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Dude must get his career doing fat dumb guy voices...
  4. Beauregard

Perhaps he's really Santa?
  5. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I pictured Santa to look more like a robber or something. You know, the kinda guy that you would normally shoot?
    I, too, would like to nominate this as BEST TOPIC TITLE EVER!

Daniel
  6. Pork

Pork Active Member

Hmm, don't know where I heard that he was voiced by a women, it's weird, cause I always thought he was and I don't know where I got the idea. hehe. Sorry, my bad.:o
  7. Beauregard

Bart is voiced by a woman...it's so easy to get him and Winnie the Pooh confused...
  8. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Wembleys a Woman? Well so is Bart, Arnold (from Hey Arnold), Bart, and Tommy Pickles so I guess thats not too far fetched...If she sounds somewhat like a man, I guess its not too bad an idea because the Japanese wouldnt know what our Wembley sounds like anyways....
  9. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Travelingpat, you forgot about bart ;)

And you'd think after doing all the fat guy voices, he would be fat too... lol... but hes really not.
  10. PhsychoChimp

PhsychoChimp New Member

They did the same thing in Sailor Moon, trust me..
  11. Drtooth

Maybe it's because he has a high pitched panicky voice or they think they're being cute... It still seems odd to me. But then again, all Dub companies all over the world do the same thing. We gave adult Goku a MAN's voice, when he was originally played by a woman...
  12. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Wembly's voice actress in Japan if you imagine her yellow looks like him. The roundess of her face at least.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually Arnold from "Hey Arnold!" was played by a boy. In America at least, I don't know about anywhere else.
  14. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Now that's hysterical! :)

Same from me... ;)
  15. Drtooth

16. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Drtooth that is cool. I wonder how it works. Do they just randomely select the voice actors for the characters in Fraggle Rock or are they chosen the same way the muppeteers were with a speciffic character in mind.
  17. Drtooth

2 words... Au Ditions...

They call up a bunch of people and they get them to read lines... whomever they think works gets the job. Just like in the US...

But Unless I said it before, the same exact voice actors who do dub roles in Japan are the very same pople who voice their own cartoon characters.

That would be tantamount to getting Jim Cumminrgs and Rob Paulsen (for example) to redub actors in a French Sitcom or something like that.
  18. Telly

Telly Active Member

You're forgetting one of the most IMPORTANT voice dubs done by Chika SAKAMOTO.....DJ Tanner from Full House! :flirt:
  19. Drtooth

Can someone get in contact with Muppet WIKI or something? This seems like info they could use.

I'd post it myself, but I'm afraid it could get deleted.