Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 3

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Season 3 is the best yet. And we FINALLY get interviews from Kathy Mullen and gerry parkes! *dances for joy*

It's just too bad the fraggle performers don't do many examples of the Fraggle voices...I really wanted to see Kathy do Mokey's voice on camera. Oh well...

ploobis

Reaction score
I bought my copy from Best Buy today! :excited:

I love the interview with Dave Goelz & Steve Whitmire about them doing pracitcal jokes on people in the studio. Dave mentioned that Don Saline once blew up his desk!

It was also great seeing interviews by Michael Frith, Kathy Mullen and Gerry Parkes.

So fare I have watched disc 1 and disc 5! :excited:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to unlock all the easter eggs and has anybody done it yet. I want to unlock them but dont know how. if anyone does it would be great.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, I can't wait to get this set. I probably won't be able to for awhile though. Great review Phil, it will keep me sustained until I can get my own copy. :smile:

zns

Reaction score
Ibougth my copy at Suncoast Video yesterday. They ussually carry things the day they are released. I have to say that the set is so amazing. There are so many great episodes here. My personal favorite is "The Secret Society of Poobahs". I especially love the way that Jim has Convincing John shot out and say the word "Glumborglox" (is that how you spell it?).

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to unlock all the easter eggs and has anybody done it yet. I want to unlock them but dont know how. if anyone does it would be great.
I think Phil's review said that you just put your cursor over the Fraggle on the main menu (and the compass on the bonus disk) and there's the easter egg. I've only watched the bonus disk so far (which is full of SO MUCH MATERIAL! I WAS UP UNTIL 2AM OY! HEHE) so I found the one over the compass.

The bonus disk was AMAZING. I was floored. Michael Firth was wonderful in all the places that he contributed and I'm very happy we finally got an interview with Kathy Mullen. Gerry Parks was ADORABLE. And I can't tell you how gleeful I was during the whole Scared Silly part. HILARIOUS! And the vintage video footage is awesome too. When Richard got in front of the camera and was like NOW who's scared or whatever I just about died. Geez, if they ever released a box set of just Muppeteers performing I would watch it over and over and over. Doesn't need a plot. I would be hooked, hehe.

The only think I was wondering is why they had these interviews with Karen, Dave and Steve from previous seasons. I mean, the Karen parts were recorded for the S2 release and the Dave and Steve for S1. Not that I minded, but it would have been nice to hear Dave, Steve, Kathy and Jerry's opinions on the Season 3 Overview.

I. Love. Fraggle. Rock. Also in regards to the bonus features, my appreciation for Jocelyn Stevenson only grows and HIT is definitely the best DVD distributer of all the Muppet-related distributers. Disney should take a look at the Fraggle DVDs and be like, "ohhhhhhhh, they like INTERVIEWS as WELL". hehe

ploobis

Reaction score
I think Phil's review said that you just put your cursor over the Fraggle on the main menu (and the compass on the bonus disk) and there's the easter egg. I've only watched the bonus disk so far (which is full of SO MUCH MATERIAL! I WAS UP UNTIL 2AM OY! HEHE) so I found the one over the compass.

The bonus disk was AMAZING. I was floored. Michael Firth was wonderful in all the places that he contributed and I'm very happy we finally got an interview with Kathy Mullen. Gerry Parks was ADORABLE. And I can't tell you how gleeful I was during the whole Scared Silly part. HILARIOUS! And the vintage video footage is awesome too. When Richard got in front of the camera and was like NOW who's scared or whatever I just about died. Geez, if they ever released a box set of just Muppeteers performing I would watch it over and over and over. Doesn't need a plot. I would be hooked, hehe.

The only think I was wondering is why they had these interviews with Karen, Dave and Steve from previous seasons. I mean, the Karen parts were recorded for the S2 release and the Dave and Steve for S1. Not that I minded, but it would have been nice to hear Dave, Steve, Kathy and Jerry's opinions on the Season 3 Overview.

I. Love. Fraggle. Rock. Also in regards to the bonus features, my appreciation for Jocelyn Stevenson only grows and HIT is definitely the best DVD distributer of all the Muppet-related distributers. Disney should take a look at the Fraggle DVDs and be like, "ohhhhhhhh, they like INTERVIEWS as WELL". hehe
It would be cool if for seasons 4 & 5 they would include Fraggle Bloopers, More backstage Home Movies and the Fraggles Look For Jobs short film! :excited: :smirk:

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
Wow.

I got mine yesterday, early in the morning. Two day shipping and it was released on the 11th? I haven't watched all of the episodes yet, but the ones I did see were hilarious. The Battle of Leaking Roof in paticular. Anybody else notice the Trash Heap looks weird?
I watched the interview with Gerry Parkes first, that was one of the best interviews I've ever seen in my life. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason, and I'm sure that this is the only message board where you can say that and nobody thinks your nuts. I think most of the magic on the show was how everyone loved doing it.
I'm relieved that Mokey had a disc devoted to her and she was on the inside cover, and also relieved that HIT did not go back to using the fall apart easily box. My Snap Cases for the Second season DVD come unstuck all the time. I was blown away by Micheal Frith's artwork. It seems like he single handily drew the world of Fraggle Rock, and amazed by the puppet builders on how close they could get to the drawings. I read somewhere that Kathy Mullen were separated, but in the afterword for the artwork it says he's married to her.
Two of my all time favorite episodes are on season three. Wembley Wonderful Whoopie Water, and Believe it Or Not. Like the other seasons this Box set didn't disappoint me. They could have had alot more extras on the last disc though. The Next, which is the last box set, I am hoping to see Doc And Sprocket on a Disc, maybe the Trash heap and Philo And Gunge. :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I believe I've gotten through all the bonus features now. What comes to mind is how incredibly generous they were in this set. I can't believe they discussed so many episodes. And it was great to see Tom Newby explain the Gorgs and Doozers in more detail. I believe I'd seen him on the other sets from old '80s footage, so it was great to finally hear him talk. Techie type people would love this DVD, (Just in case you were wondering what to get your Techie relative or friend for Christmas! Hehe)

My favorite part of the bonus features was definitely the Scared Silly segment. Again, just a little tidbit that we didn't "need" to see, but were given anyway, which is awesome. It's definitely worth it, if only to see Richard Hunt declare Steve and Dave "Scaredy Cats 1 & 2!" Lol

It's always great to see Michael Firth being interviewed, he always comes across so friendly. And Kathy Mullen added new texture to the interviews as well; finally Mokey gets her well deserved due. Some of my favorite parts involved Michael and Kathy discussing these characters, their origins, and how much they obviously mean to them. Gerry Parks is very sweet and clearly understands how important it is to be part of a child's memory. :smile:

The episodes themselves are starting to become infinitely more interesting and relevant (if that was possible! Hehe). I remember watching "Mean Genie" for the first time years ago and being quite traumatized. It's still pretty scary now, but in a very different way. Wembley learns that if you stay silent, evil will flourish.

I think "Believe it Or Not" contains one of the most hard hitting lines (and themes) of the entire series, "It's all your fault he's a monster, you monster!" Skenrith may look scary while a monster, but what's truly frightening is how closed minded and smug Ma Gorg is behaving. So much of our reality depends on our own point of view. You can't let fear keep you from understanding a person or group. (Though I don't entirely blame Ma Gorg, considering the two wimps she has to live with! Hehe)

Gobo learns selflessness the hard way in "Grapes of Generosity," lol. It's always nice for me to see Gobo occasionally make mistakes and paic, after always being so brave and perfect. I found the reaction of the other Fraggles interesting when they discover the mess Gobo got himself into. You would think they'd be shocked and scold him for his selfishness. Instead...they laugh! The attitude seems to be, "Oh boy, look at what you got yourself into! Lol" A friend of mine pointed out "Fraggely" their reaction is. After all you wouldn't expect the Doozers, the Gorgs or even Doc and Sprocket to reacte that way.

"Bored Still" is just utterly adorable. Especially as we discover Junior's surprising affection for the Fraggles. Actually it does make sense when you think about it; Junior rarely gets to have fun, he's too busy taking orders from his parents. Chasing Fraggles offers some relief from his bosy father with his never ending commands. Junior's basically a child being raised to hate another group. He's also a very lonely creature. The Fraggles could be his friends, but he's been taught that they're the enemy. Plus, it must be fun to dominate over smaller creatures after always being pushed around himself.

Still, this episode proves he still has a mind of his own and perhaps this could be the beginning of a beautiful (if unusual) friendship. :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I had to drive through 2 hours of traffic to get to Best Buy, but I finally got Fraggle Rock: Season 3! I guess I'll go watch it now. :excited: