Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I can see why they don't
I can't. Some of the 90's--and even some of the 80's--stories are as fresh now as they were when they initially aired. Plus, we need some of the older characters to come back, anyhow. It can't be the Elmo, Abby, Baby Bear & Telly, and Zoe show all the time now, can it?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Though I don't agree with the logic, young audiences may be confused by some of the differences in the show, such as the younger human cast. Okay, maybe that's not a big deal (at all), but let's not forget all the drive for political correctness and cutting out material that may be offensive to the protective parent of today. But yeah, I don't see how showing more material from the 80s and 90s could hurt at all.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
but let's not forget all the drive for political correctness and cutting out material that may be offensive to the protective parent of today
The thing is, said parent of today grew up on classic Sesame Street and did fine. Plus, the Street was meant to be set within the stereotypically gritty New York landscape.

hemlock

Reaction score
I tend to agree. The Sesame Street that I knew and love was more of a democracy and as a team effort. Nowadays, it has almost become "The Elmo Show."

Steve

Drtooth

Reaction score
-Can we please get off that? this is your thoughts about season 39... not the "The show has changed and I don't like it, and I'm not seeing how and where else children's TV has been slipping" thread. We have a milliondy twelve of those.

Personally, I think its disappointing that they can't just air the 39th season at once, with the 38 reruns or whatever, and go into reruns AFTER the episodes are all shown. But that's PBS for you. I'm still not seeing the "new" Arthur episodes from 2 years ago they keep teasingly showing adverts for. I know they have a budget... but PLEASE.... I have no intent to see these episodes more than once.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Can we please get off that? this is your thoughts about season 39
But there's not much of season 39 to discuss considering only a small amount of episodes have been shown, with the rest being episodes from past seasons.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
But there's not much of season 39 to discuss considering only a small amount of episodes have been shown, with the rest being episodes from past seasons.
Yeah, but there are other topics to discuss what we've been talking about.

I just want to know when the next new episode will be shown. And I have to disagree on showing all episodes at once. A whole season's worth of shows in one month? Then we'll have nothing to look froward to for the rest of the year. But that's just my logic.... which is weird.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The next new episode is airing on Monday, the 22nd.