Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My iO guide says that Tuesday is showing "Sock Chaos".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... My station schedules show that today should be Episode 4163: Sock Chaos at the Laundromat.
Also... Because of the premiere of Sid the Science Kid today, they completely redid the schedule. How bad is it? Sesame's been moved all the way down to 10 AM. That's usually the time I'm either finishing my breakfast or getting into my daily computer checks. Oh well, at least it means I don't have to worry about missing out on episodes bcause of oversleeping/having to wake up too early.

:attitude: Six of one, half a dozen of another.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Because of the premiere of Sid the Science Kid today, they completely redid the schedule. How bad is it? Sesame's been moved all the way down to 10 AM.
It's nothing new. Sesame's been bounced around before by new shows.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know what I just noticed? Some of the sponsor announcing skits (Like the nest sale and Big Bird's books) are dubbed. Some of the dioloauge to recorded over so a new letter could be mentioned if the rerun it. Like Big Bird's books, they don't refer to any letters in the book until the end of the episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's nothing new. Sesame's been bounced around before by new shows.
I must be the only one who has it at the same time as usual.... I checked, and it was on at 10, as it has been. A lot of other things have been bounced around, and I think we lost "Jakers! It's Piggly Winks" and I think they finally retired Teletubbies.

But SS is still at 6 am and 10 am... like the last several years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
^% They're committed to rerunning the 5 or so episodes they already aired. It's the home video one again. I HATE when PBS mucks up stuff and reruns something endlessly just to make a season last 2 seasons.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
^% They're committed to rerunning the 5 or so episodes they already aired. It's the home video one again. I HATE when PBS mucks up stuff and reruns something endlessly just to make a season last 2 seasons.
Same. And to realize that not only PBS does it is upsetting as well.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It is strange how SS seems to rerun recent episodes so often when they have almost 40 years of back episodes. I can see why they don't, but at the same time, it's sometimes annoying to see the same episode play several times within a three month period when you know they have other, albeit, older episodes seemingly sitting around collecting dust.

EDIT: And I just realized I'm replying to something several pages back on this thread, so sorry if this seems out of nowhere. How embarrassing. :stick_out_tongue: