Did anyone else watch Muppet Babies?

camilla

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
so reclaiming this thread for it's original purposes...WOW! A box set? Man I wish I could play PAL vhs! Hmmmm. You know, Im puzzled. Why does Columbia only put 2 episodes of TMS on a dvd, when the entire season of Mad About You(22 episodes, 22 minutes each) just came out on TWO dvds!!??! What's going on here? Hmmm....
I lost the p;ot pnce the slagging match happened.
ITwo episodes does seem a wee bit mean. I'm not that fussed over ll the extras. i have the Best oif the Muppets show dvd that was released her in Uk last year and have not really touched most of them

I would love a full set of muppet shows alongside a daria DVD ( I taped muppets Tonight when they were shown
I suppoe i'm chnaging the subject again
So who was everyones favourite muppet baby?
Aninal was pretty sweet

Camilla

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by camilla
I lost the p;ot pnce the slagging match happened.
ITwo episodes does seem a wee bit mean. I'm not that fussed over ll the extras. i have the Best oif the Muppets show dvd that was released her in Uk last year and have not really touched most of them

I would love a full set of muppet shows alongside a daria DVD ( I taped muppets Tonight when they were shown
I suppoe i'm chnaging the subject again
So who was everyones favourite muppet baby?
Aninal was pretty sweet
Yeah, I regret how a bit of a battle ensued...sad,, but I had to defend the honour of this show...imagination and wonder beats out 'less than 24 frames' anyday:wink:

Aw, isnt Daria on dvd? I have some daria dvds I got. Thats a great show, perhaps even better than Beavis and Butthead?
Yeah, it is a bit weasaly I find that Columbia only put TWO episodes of TMS on a dvd. How sad is that? They can fit like 10 or more! *cough*ripoff*cough*

My favorite Muppet Baby...hmm, well Beaker of course...but I also really really connected to Gonzo. The alienated one with his own weird imagination and humor, yet shunned by the rest of the nursery.

camilla

Reaction score
Yeah, I regret how a bit of a battle ensued...sad,, but I had to defend the honour of this show...imagination and wonder beats out 'less than 24 frames' anyday:wink:

Aw, isnt Daria on dvd? I have some daria dvds I got. Thats a great show, perhaps even better than Beavis and Butthead?
Yeah, it is a bit weasaly I find that Columbia only put TWO episodes of TMS on a dvd. How sad is that? They can fit like 10 or more! *cough*ripoff*cough*

My favorite Muppet Baby...hmm, well Beaker of course...but I also really really connected to Gonzo. The alienated one with his own weird imagination and humor, yet shunned by the rest of the nursery.
I'm not even sure of the relevence of 24 frames. I think sometimes the posts get topo technical or obscure for me. All i know is I love the Muppets
I think Columbia are trying to skin us for our hard earned cash lol

Yes Gonzo was pretty good. Poor piggy was a tyrant from what i reember

Camilla

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The US Muppet Show DVDs have 3 episodes per disc. Still pretty lame (they could have fit the entire series on 15 DVDs) but I appreciate that we got something. Were you saying that the UK DVDs had only 2 Muppet Show eps per disk?

24 frames was just a way to explain animation quality. High end film animation it at 24(drawings per second)and quality TV is usually at about 12. Heman, Transformers and some Hannah Barbara were at 6(drawings per second) or less. Just clearing up the confusion. 24 frame cel animation would be way too expensive for television. Bugs Bunny, Invader Zim and the Simpsons are at about 12 with "cheats".

BTW - favorite Simpsons episode was when they visited the animation studio. The tour guide talked about using looped backgrounds while they walked down the same hall several times. It's the simple stuff that gets me. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The US Muppet Show DVDs have 3 episodes per disc. Still pretty lame (they could have fit the entire series on 15 DVDs)
See, that is what I am talking about. why do they do this to us? When NBC releases like 10 episodes of a 22 minute show on dvd....grrrrr.

Btw, in a bit of irony regarding my anti technology post from yesterday...I now have a top of the line flat panel monitor. So Im very happy about that. But I refuse to get a cell phone! >_<

camilla

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The US Muppet Show DVDs have 3 episodes per disc. Still pretty lame (they could have fit the entire series on 15 DVDs) but I appreciate that we got something. Were you saying that the UK DVDs had only 2 Muppet Show eps per disk?

24 frames was just a way to explain animation quality. High end film animation it at 24(drawings per second)and quality TV is usually at about 12. Heman, Transformers and some Hannah Barbara were at 6(drawings per second) or less. Just clearing up the confusion. 24 frame cel animation would be way too expensive for television. Bugs Bunny, Invader Zim and the Simpsons are at about 12 with "cheats".

BTW - favorite Simpsons episode was when they visited the animation studio. The tour guide talked about using looped backgrounds while they walked down the same hall several times. It's the simple stuff that gets me. :smile:

We do not even have Best of Muppet DVDs here in Uk. Just one compilation as far as i know to. Not fair.
Thans for letting me know about animation. i'm ot really up on it. I know what I like

Camilla

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by camilla
We do not even have Best of Muppet DVDs here in Uk. Just one compilation as far as i know to. Not fair.
Thans for letting me know about animation. i'm ot really up on it. I know what I like
Hmmm, that's even better...Im assuming there is a whole bunch of episodes on one dvd then?

camilla

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's even better...Im assuming there is a whole bunch of episodes on one dvd then?
It has a compilation of clips, the Elton John and Star wars episodes. the muppet and men documentary and other little bits and pieces

Camilla

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Favorite muppet baby? Well, Kermit, of couse :wink:
Did anyone find it kinda strange that we never saw the actual nanny; only her legs?
I find it even more strange -- well ... odd -- that she is voiced by the mother in LEAVE IT TO BEAVER. I dunno why, but I just do.

SNLIM

Reaction score
true that the muppet babies may not have had quality animation or have been exactly the way jim would normally do things- however i still stand by the fact that it was quality programming for children and hundreds of times better than some of the crap on tv today. children's programming has gone downhill so much since i was younger- and i'm only freaking 19. i go to college far away from my parent's home but when i go back for holidays i often find myself digging to find old vhs of episodes of muppet babies, fraggle rock, and dinosaur since that's all that i can get my hands on anymore. can you imagine how old that stuff is? (yeah it gets worse, my 24 year old sister goes with me to find her tapes of strawberry shortcake and full house haha... our family has issues... :embarrassed: )