Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
This is not the final option on Fozzie for MR.They are still waiting on cheaper labor options.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, certainly. I just don't think the other options (commissioned pieces or warehousing stock) proposed are realistic for MR. I have faith that there's a factory out there that can make Fozzies that can be released with an SRP that might be double Animal's rather than ten-times his final price. I just hope that MR finds that factory. The world of collectibles is a tricky one. The sad thing is that a lot of the time companies like MR don’t get the lion’s share of the profits. They have to bargain sell their left over stock to secondary markets that then hoard the left-overs to create scarcity and drive up the asking price. There are many secondary sellers that can afford to sit on stock for years before they reap the rewards of their investment. MR, like other companies, assesses its profits quarterly.

So for the record, I am realistic while still maintaining faith.

Bear Man

Reaction score
It would be a financial burden, but if Fozzie at $3000 was the only way to get him, then I'd do it. True, you could probably commission one for less than that, but the only people who actually have the skills to make one that looks accurate wouldn't do it at any price.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
As a matter of interest, how many people would buy Fozzie at $3000, putting a deposit down on an order to make basis, with maybe a monthly installment payment?
only if he came with his own frank oz

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
As a matter of interest, how many people would buy Fozzie at $3000, putting a deposit down on an order to make basis, with maybe a monthly installment payment?
I would but as a last resort.....god I would have to hide this price from the wife!

Reaction score
for three grand i could get 2 AK47's and enough ammunition to protect my other three Muppet prop replicas from the coming chinese red invasion. so no. i'd buy the guns. that's sort of how i decide about big purchases.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
3k? Really? I don't think that should even be on the table. Like frogboy4 said, a private builder would do it for less. In an economic time like now I can't believe this is even being brought up. I'd consider it for about $800 but that's it.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I'd really top out at $800-$1000. For 3K it would REALLY have to be something special and I mean SPECIAL!

muppetperson

Reaction score
3k? Really? I don't think that should even be on the table. Like frogboy4 said, a private builder would do it for less. In an economic time like now I can't believe this is even being brought up. I'd consider it for about $800 but that's it.
MR might put Fozzie on the back burner for a few months till the ecconomic storm calms down.