Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Hopefully it was none of you voted "yes, money is no object" or MR is getting a clear signal now. Now with a proposed $3000 price tag, do you want a cheap copy, or the same exact materials made into the same exact Fozzie poser they use in photos? But at that price point, I'd be looking for a satin blanket and an autographed cert included.

Hey just a few of us owning them? Ok, even more desirable.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't see money being no object equating a blank check for any crazy high price. I don't believe the Muppets (neither in their performances nor their products) are about exclusivity and therefore I find such a high price point really against the Muppet brand in general. Not to mention that the brand hasn't carried that kind of clout in over a decade. That 3G estimate (equal to 15 Kermit posers at original MR SRP) is conjecture made by one of the forum members. I don't like my posers because few fans have them. I like them because they're cool and wish everyone who wants them could have them.

Nonetheless - I don't feel it is logical that MR would put out a $3000 Fozzie no matter how many forum people would vote for that SRP. It makes little business sense. The proposed estimate isn’t coming from MR anyway so the point is moot. I feel that little tidbit should have been included in the original post and all subsequent posts.

Nobody said the materials would be different when changing factories. It is a likeness issue. Also, it must be acknowledged that from MR Kermit's collar, MR Animal's eyebrow, nose and tongue and MR Gonzo's nose netting, blue fur and mouth shape are all off from the original model in order to mass produce them and bring the posers to market. Fozzie never has boasted any such material issues. His fur was addressed and they figured it out.

I proposed earlier that maybe the facial proportions be meticulously applied by a different process or factory (if needed for expense) as the face is reportedly the only issue MR found unsatisfactory from the initial manufactured prototype phase. The body pattern and armature appears to be a no-brainer no matter what the factory. Who knows if that way is doable but it is just a spit-ball idea.

muppetperson

Reaction score
That 3G estimate (equal to 15 Kermit posers at original MR SRP) is conjecture made by one of the forum members.

Nonetheless - I don't feel it is logical that MR would put out a $3000 Fozzie no matter how many forum people would vote for that SRP. It makes little business sense. The proposed estimate isn’t coming from MR anyway so the point is moot. I feel that little tidbit should have been included in the original post and all subsequent posts.
The $3000 retail DID come from MR.Actually it isnt a bad business move because MR would not be investing money up front, as people would be paying for them as they get made and they wont have a warehouse of dead money, something they cant afford to do.Never the less, this was just a floating idea and is no means a final decision.MR have said that Disney isnt keen on a made to order deal, but they havent said no.Also, MR dont want to alienate collectors if more people want fozzie but cant afford him, than the few people who could.Personally, I would rather some people get to have him than none at all.And a cheaper factory option is still being reviewed.

Nick22

Reaction score
ok i rully want my fozzie, but $3000 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. i think somethi9ng more like $400, $500 but i dont know anyone who would spend $3000 on something like that

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The $3000 retail DID come from MR.Actually it isnt a bad business move because MR would not be investing money up front, as people would be paying for them as they get made and they wont have a warehouse of dead money, something they cant afford to do.Never the less, this was just a floating idea and is no means a final decision.MR have said that Disney isnt keen on a made to order deal, but they havent said no.Also, MR dont want to alienate collectors if more people want fozzie but cant afford him, than the few people who could.Personally, I would rather some people get to have him than none at all.And a cheaper factory option is still being reviewed.
Didn't you state that this figure was a result of your campaigning information to get him made in Australia at any price? It's clear that you want him and can afford that, but I doubt that MR will create a handful of Fozzies for so very few people. I'd rather wait and see than feed this 3K Fozzie notion. I doubt the company would want to alienate folk like me and most of the others that invested faithfully in the other three reasonably pricey posers. We should stop feeding that myth on the forum as it is extremely unlikely to happen.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have mentioned about MR not wanting to annoy collectors.Yes, I helped find the prospective Australian manufactuer.They provided a cost and MR then told me how much it would retail for.MR didnt get much interest from people who could make him.Some could make one or two, but not mass produce.The Australian quote so far is the best singley produced price from a non cheap Country.The price has come down from $5000 to $3000.I have done my bit now, so it is up to MR to decide what road to go down.So I will now let MR update you, rather than tell you stuff that isnt definate.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm not usually a pessimist. I prefer to think of myself as a realist. Considering MR is now literally two people, I just don't see them being able to pull off a Fozzie at the price that most seem to want him. I'm sure the two people there have the best intentions and I don't fault them at all. I'm just trying to see things the way they are.

R.I.P. Muppet Poser Line (Probably)

... See? That's the optimist in me coming through.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm not usually a pessimist. I prefer to think of myself as a realist. Considering MR is now literally two people, I just don't see them being able to pull off a Fozzie at the price that most seem to want him. I'm sure the two people there have the best intentions and I don't fault them at all. I'm just trying to see things the way they are.

....and this is the way that I see it also. Tom and Barry are trying to do everything they can. I remember Tom saying that they have Star Trek parts laying around in China to be put together and thats all, but there is no people to finish the work. Truth is, times are getting rough, and we need to face it. Maybe MR should just put him on the back burner for now and plan it for another time in the future.

Davina

Reaction score
I'm all for that if they can get the license extended, otherwise time will likely run out before they can get back to him (and others.. )

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The problem with just putting the project on the back burner is, from what I hear, Disney is not happy. When you get a license from them, you are obligated to produce a certain amount of product. You can't just get a license and then sit on it.

In the long run, I have no idea what that means. Disney may do something. Disney may do nothing. I don't even know how much longer the license is for. Hmm, I don't really know anything, do I?

:stick_out_tongue: