Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Davina

Reaction score
well, depending on the terms of the license too (is it _just_ for the replicas, or can they do other things, too? sorta thing..) if it were possible for them to do other muppet related items right now while we're waiting for things to stabilize enough for the bear to have a real chance... maybe smaller scale replicas of the muppet show sign, kermit's mug, small scale replicas of the bus and/or the rainbow colored studebaker.. i'm sure we could all come up with a nice long list of possibiities for them if that sort of thing were allowed within the bounds of the license agreement..

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The problem with just putting the project on the back burner is, from what I hear, Disney is not happy. When you get a license from them, you are obligated to produce a certain amount of product. You can't just get a license and then sit on it.

In the long run, I have no idea what that means. Disney may do something. Disney may do nothing. I don't even know how much longer the license is for. Hmm, I don't really know anything, do I?

:stick_out_tongue:
I didn't know Disney was unhappy. It does make sense. They likely want to free up ties for the Muppet push this year.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The problem with just putting the project on the back burner is, from what I hear, Disney is not happy. When you get a license from them, you are obligated to produce a certain amount of product. You can't just get a license and then sit on it.

In the long run, I have no idea what that means. Disney may do something. Disney may do nothing. I don't even know how much longer the license is for. Hmm, I don't really know anything, do I?

The license is for at least next year, as that is when Travis's wish list finished.

muppetperson

Reaction score
well, depending on the terms of the license too (is it _just_ for the replicas, or can they do other things, too? sorta thing..) if it were possible for them to do other muppet related items right now while we're waiting for things to stabilize enough for the bear to have a real chance... maybe smaller scale replicas of the muppet show sign, kermit's mug, small scale replicas of the bus and/or the rainbow colored studebaker.. i'm sure we could all come up with a nice long list of possibiities for them if that sort of thing were allowed within the bounds of the license agreement..
They can do other things because they were going to make the resin Electric mayhem figures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The license is for at least next year, as that is when Travis's wish list finished.
Actually, Disney could have the right to take back the license if the lack of product constitutes breach of contract, but only Disney, MR and their attorneys know what is in the contract. I hope that doesn't happen, of course. It probably wouldn't, but it could and if WOE's statements about Disney are accurate it is likely they have at least looked into it. I doubt other companies would want to make posers so I don’t think Disney would want to yank away that portion of the license. They really are just getting their Muppet footing, but if the Tonner Piggy is any indication – they are looking into high-end Muppet merchandise and there could be another taker for poser production.

I remember Travis being unsure how far their Muppet license extended as it was something they already had through Disney and didn't pursue specifically. I did remember Travis reporting that he didn't know if bookends, mugs and picture frames were covered by their agreement. Clearly the figurines were, but those generated almost no buzz. My feeling was that there was a lot more refinement to go into them that exceeded their available investment.

Nick22

Reaction score
first of all, everyone here is being way to negative. second, if fozzie is too difficult to produce, then y dont they just make a different poser?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
No one is being negative here. The fact is that times are getting tough. Factories are hard to find at the moment, and on and on. There is no place for Fozzie at the moment....period! MR is doing the best they can.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
first of all, everyone here is being way to negative. second, if fozzie is too difficult to produce, then y dont they just make a different poser?
Hi Nick,

It's not as simple as just making another poser. First of all, they don't even have the plans for any others. Second, it would take a substantial investment to produce new prototypes for a different character, money that the current MR probably needs to use somewhere else. And third, they already have a lot of money in Fozzie. I'm sure they would need to exhaust all possible options before they even considered abandoning him or moving him aside for another character. Finally, they are having trouble finding a factory to make any more Muppets. It's not just Fozzie.