Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Does anyone know whose version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town during the start of the show?
Thanks

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
what is the muppetcast?
It's the weekly labor of love by muppetcentral poster StephenJLizard. Steve does a really good 60+ minute weekly podcast about the Muppets, Sesame Street, and all things Henson. I have been a fan for roughly 6 months and just love his format and the songs/bits he puts in from Muppet movies, shows, and songs. You also get to hear Muppet Central posters now and again on the Muppet List.

Check it out on http://www.muppetcast.com. This episode #88 is all about Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
watching it again i found one thing i didnt like but this is from a puppeteers point of veiw and thats scooters puppeteering when he first talks just seems off

pattywack

Reaction score
watching it again i found one thing i didnt like but this is from a puppeteers point of veiw and thats scooters puppeteering when he first talks just seems off
I found Scooter really odd too! It wasn't just his voice, but the way he was position, something was really irking me! I hope they work on that.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know whose version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town during the start of the show?
Thanks
i was wondering that too! It sounds like it was an old recording of the song from the 50s or 60s? :smile: and plus id like to down load it on my lap top here :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
this was my only problem with it that AND TO MANY COMMERCIALS
Tell me about it. Do the words "Limited commercial interruptions" mean anything to these people? No wonder the thing felt so short. I betcha end to end, the thing was less than 20 minutes long. :confused:

(If someone does a Bunsen X Beaker pairing, I think I'm gonna scream!) :smirk:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I found Scooter really odd too! It wasn't just his voice, but the way he was position, something was really irking me! I hope they work on that.
it was just that one scene, and i didnt have an issue with his voice
in the rest of the special he seemed fine even the best scooter so far

TripleG

Reaction score
Now I didn't see the last Christmas Special they did, but didn't people complain about that one being too adult? I heard Pepe used the word "Sexy" (which in the Muppet World might as well be a big old F-Bomb) and there was a scene of the Muppets in a raunchy dance club or something. I also heard Triumph the Insult Comic Dog made a cameo. No way that was Kiddie.

So maybe they took those criticisms to heart and decided to make this one more kiddie.

Like I said before, I enjoyed. It still isn't up to par with when the Muppets were at their best, but it was a good effort and an enjoyable TV special.

The last truly great Muppet special/movie to me was Muppet Treasure Island, and I wish they'd try and do future projects with that kind of mad energy and love for mindless insanity. (Cabin Fever baby!) This special had signs of it, but it wasn't quite there yet.

This Christmas special did take the Muppets back to the past a little bit with the older cast of characters being focused on rather than newer ones (Pepe & Bobo were the only newer characters that made it in from what I saw) It was great to see Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Janice, and my old favorite CRAZY HARRY all get speaking roles again, albeit mostly short ones.

They also made it a musical, which to me is a must with the Muppets. One of the biggest disappointments about Muppets from Space is that they had all these great 70s songs, but the Muppets didn't sing any of them. Why? I mean I know none of the songs were original, but at least they could have had the Muppets sing "Brickhouse" or "Celebration" So even though the songs in this special weren't fantastic musical numbers like we're used to from the past, it was nice to see them try it. And the songs were at least good IMO.

I think this special was a step in the right direction, but they've still got some work to do to get it back to being the Muppets that I grew up with.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Just want to chim in a bit here... I really liked the new special Letters To Santa. I shan't go into detail on why because many of you have already brought up and discussed those very points. I just have one question...

WHEN DOES THE DVD COME OUT?

LOL. Perhaps a nifty little extra for the eventual DVD release would be the two Studio DC shows...

ploobis

Reaction score
Just want to chim in a bit here... I really liked the new special Letters To Santa. I shan't go into detail on why because many of you have already brought up and discussed those very points. I just have one question...

WHEN DOES THE DVD COME OUT?

LOL. Perhaps a nifty little extra for the eventual DVD release would be the two Studio DC shows...
I'm guessing the DVD would be released next Christmas time. I hope they would also release The John Denver & Muppets Christmas Together special on DVD too!