1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 17, 2008.

?

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

1. I loved "Letters to Santa".

74 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. "Letters to Santa" was good.

70 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

27 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. I disliked "Letters to Santa".

13 vote(s)
    7.1%

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I mostly do that too. It certainly fits in with GMC. But then MTM comes along and confuses everyone! Lol, it's still my favorite though. :insatiable:
  2. Libba Yuki

Libba Yuki Member

I like to think of TMTM as a more realistic origin story for the Muppets, since the idea of a bunch of the Muppet crew being in college and trying to make it on broadway...leading up to present time when they perform in a rented out theater, made more sense to me than them randomly making it to Hollywood.

It fit better than the idea of them becoming rich and famous in Hollywood.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well of course, but who said it had to be realistic when a frog can sing and dance ;)? I think if anyone could suddenly become rich in famous in the dream like way, it is the muppets :excited:!
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Assuming of course that's canon. Like it was said, Kermit said TMM was an approximation. If Muppet Babies isn't canon because Piggy was making it up, how does Kermit making something up make it canon?

Emily doesn't have to remember the gang (though she did think Kermit was "the lizard"). If I met my classmates from kindergarten today I wouldn't recognize them, probably. I haven't seen them in 25 years. And besides the baby videos, let's not forget she ATTENDED an episode of TMS. She either doesn't remember because she couldn't (due to age or something) or she didn't want to.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I liked the special. It would have been great if it had more adult humor (and more characters), but it's okay. It's interesting how the Muppets were usually just hanging out in the apartment building hallway. Claire's apartment was the only one that we really saw the inside of.

And it feels great to see one of Bunsen's inventions not backfire on Beaker.

For me, the highlights were the musical numbers, Beaker using the wish machine, and Crazy Harry's quick cameo.
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good. But it will hopefully be better when it comes on DVD.
  7. antsamthompson9

John Kennedy wasen't in the cratics, so I don't think he did Floyd.
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You know... After watching LTS last night and listening to My Best Christmas Yet just now on MCR... The part where Pepe talks to Claire and the arrival of Kevin the Snail are parts from the extended version. Makes me glad to have found that out. :)
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I tend to mix it up, and think that TMM is loose cannon (A loose cannon?), but that instead of trying to get into Hollywood, they were getting into college. TMTM then follows on naturally.
  10. WeatherbySwann

WeatherbySwann New Member

I watched the DVD this week - the surprises after the credits were hysterical! They just kept coming and coming - a very nice addition to the set. I also liked the snails. "Run for you liiiiiiiiife!"
  11. antsamthompson9

I got the DVD last night and I love it! The added scenes were funny and the bloobers were hystiracal! Since, it's in widescreen I hope this means that the Studio DC DVD will be in widescreen. Because I found out that the Studio DC specials were filmed in HD.