eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I love that there was some bickering and, for once, I wasn't in the middle of it.
The funniest thing is that you can tell both sides were coming from that post-xmas fatigue – neither of you said anything that was really a big deal, yet both overreacted. Awesome! It probably doesn't help that most of us reply when it's like 2 in the morning and you're groggy and easily annoyed. Also, it's very easy to be misunderstood when you're just typing something as opposed to talking in conversation.

Frogboy and Muppetperson: You guys are some of the glue that holds this board together and makes it enjoyable.
MP: I understand how hard it is to try to be a middle-man between the fans and the vendor. I did it, regrettably for a company that didn't turn out to be so great, on the Palisades boards. It's a seemingly thankless job but, trust me, we appreciate it very much. I don't see any of your comments as being a tool for the man, but please understand that to some of us, $400 is still a lot for a somewhat questionable character.
FB: Your insights are also appreciated. I don't know how your comment was misunderstood to be a knock against the rich and I see your point.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
It's funny how I personally see $400 too much for Rizzo but $600+ not too much for Fozzie or Piggy. Anyone else feel the same way?

I really like the idea someone else had earlier in this thread couple with FB's suggestion on Piggy: what if eFX came out with two versions of Rizzo? One bare bones, with just the t-shirt and pants (for say $300) and another "limited premiere version" with the jacket, hat, stand and director's chair (for like $450)? That may actually make people feel that the more expensive version is more desireable and drive up demand, while the cheaper one would be available for folks who the high price takes them out of the equation! Let's face it, it's all about selling units and this idea would probably sell more units in the end. What d'ya think?

Ignohippo

Reaction score
One other thing:
I'd like to hear (from someone in the know) if it's possible for eFX to alter their license so that the clothes and accessories can be interchangeable without it infringing on Tonner's license for "fashion dolls."

It seems to me that accurate, in-scale facsimile posers would be a different thing than the fashion doll that Tonner is selling. It's kind of like the Sideshow Star Wars figures; I doubt that they have a license for "fashion dolls" yet they are selling different outfits and accessories for those.

The clothing could be something that could really be beneficial to eFX while driving the initial cost of the poser down. I could easily see spending $300 for Rizzo and then buying his jacket and hat for $75 at a later time if it were offered that way. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

It just seems that there has to be a way to restructure the contract to make it possible without infringing on what Tonner is selling but I'd love to hear from the powers that be.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It's funny how I personally see $400 too much for Rizzo but $600+ not too much for Fozzie or Piggy. Anyone else feel the same way?

I really like the idea someone else had earlier in this thread couple with FB's suggestion on Piggy: what if eFX came out with two versions of Rizzo? One bare bones, with just the t-shirt and pants (for say $300) and another "limited premiere version" with the jacket, hat, stand and director's chair (for like $450)? That may actually make people feel that the more expensive version is more desireable and drive up demand, while the cheaper one would be available for folks who the high price takes them out of the equation! Let's face it, it's all about selling units and this idea would probably sell more units in the end. What d'ya think?
Rizzo wont be $450.I know how much he will be, but am waiting for eFX to tell everyone once they have worked out a discount deal, that they have to check with a third party.All I can say is that he will be over $300 but under $400.I like the idea of a cheaper version, but I dont think $100 or so difference is enough for people who couldnt afford the deluxe version.It would have to be the price of around normal plush toys, which I dont think eFX could do for just leaving out the poseable skellington.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd have loved for Rizzo to come in at $249, but as long as he's in the $300 price range he'll likely have a home in San Francisco. I'd make the appropriate sacrifices for that. I just hope that EFX spaces these items out enough. I can only afford 2-per year and would like a complete set if they're really keeping costs down. So, that hint before makes it seem like Miss Piggy would be next. Interesting.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I'm shocked that anyone could think $150 doesn't make a huge difference to the average person – especially in this economy.

By saying that people who are concerned about the price could only afford them if the price were the same as a regular plush is an absolutely ridiculous statement – and kind of offensive. Just because you have to watch your pennies doesn't mean you're relegated to collecting $3.50 Beanie Babies or $30 stuffed animals.

To many of us, it's just a matter of deciding if he's a necessary addition to the collection. A lower price for a version without the bangs and whistles may make it an easy decision and also make it doable for people who are on a budget.