eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm far from rich - but I certainly don't think $400 is a lot of money for an accurate Muppet replica! People here in the UK can spend that kind of money in an average weekend out on the town!

The bottom line is, we do not live in a world where everybody earns the same amount of money, and people prioritise what they spend their money on differently to others. I could never imagine myself spending $100s on one item of clothing, but people do it regularly (and I don't mean just 'rich' people).

If people are already complaining Rizzo is going cost around $400, there is no chance in he*l Fozzie or Miss Piggy will ever make it off the production line!
$400 is my cap, but no number has been set. We thought Fozzie would come in at around that price, but if Rizzo is that high then Fozzie might prove to be too much for many of the initial supporters of the posers. We should probably wait for the real scoop on SRP.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Do you think we were spoilt with the low MR £ for the posers?
I think that with a higher £ than MR's posers in mind, it would be a better idea and to benefit the current collectors of the line to have EFX release Kermit near the end and push out Fozzie Pepe and Piggy after Rizzo. Whomever bought the frog in the 1t place will in my opinion not pay $400 plus dollars (min price i guess) for another Kermit.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you think we were spoilt with the low MR £ for the posers?
I think that with a higher £ than MR's posers in mind, it would be a better idea and to benefit the current collectors of the line to have EFX release Kermit near the end and push out Fozzie Pepe and Piggy after Rizzo. Whomever bought the frog in the 1t place will in my opinion not pay $400 plus dollars (min price i guess) for another Kermit.
I do think they spoiled us. For better and/or for worse the MR line that got the poser market going has shaped expectations with the fan base in terms of price. those expectations will require adjustment, but shouldn't be completely discarded. Kind of the "dance with the one who brought you" sort of thing IMHO.

This Rizzo appears to be the best quality poser to date, but the character doesn't have the same level of popularity. We'll see what happens. I'm just for keeping the price down as low as possible for EFX without compromising the quality. I actually wish they'd started with Miss Piggy.

MR Kermit $199=Original SRP / $299=Lowest Current / $69=Lowest Ever
MR Animal $399=Original SRP / $219=Lowest Current /$199=Lowest Ever
MR Gonzo $299=Original SRP / $79=Lowest Current / $59=Lowest Ever

My ideas for EFX Rizzo would probably start at $249 but not exceed $399. However I do understand that might not be factory feasible. That's all I've been trying to say here, but a Rizzo will likely be set at whatever the market will bear....get it? Bear. :embarrassed:

statler salad

Reaction score
OK - I have the perfect solution.

How about releasing 2 different versions!

Version 1 could be the $400+ strictly limited collectors replica which looks exactly like the edition we've seen in photographs, and;

Version 2, maybe half the price, with less of the attention to detail, made on a mass market scale, thus keeping down the price for those who don't relish having an exact replica.

I know which one i'd be buying!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you think Piggy would have been a better start to Rizzo or as fans would have prefered Fozzie?
With Fozzie there's the size issue. His form, especially the large midsection, cause a shipping and warehousing issue. He's also just so large to have in one's house. I'd have preferred him too, but the possibilities with the pig are growing on me. The pig could easily go fetal like Animal did in his box. Fetal pig. LOL! :mad:

I have little doubt she'd be expensive, but there's such opportunity with her to issue differently dressed versions (First Mate, Classic Purple Gown, GMC Dress Replica etc). Since the clothes would have to be stitched on (due to the EFX contract) some fans who can afford to do so would buy multiple units. The pig is probably the best suited character to be made in such a real poser puppet form. In a strictly business sense - the pig could move units and get a lot of mileage from that one basic form.

I've shown Rizzo to several friends and there's something about him (as beautiful as he is) that is off-putting. Maybe it's the larger than life rodent issue. I don't mind it, of course, but do wonder if that will dampen sales. Part of me thinks it wouldn't, yet some fans are going to pass on the Rizzo and Pepe in favor of Fozzie, Piggy and maybe even Beaker posers that could be in the future. Now, I don't know how possible future posers will be if Rizzo doesn't turn a healthy profit. So, yeah, I would have started with the pig. It's a bold choice.

Just my thoughts.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well, I'm definitely buying Rizzo. I grew up in the 90's, so I tend to favor the Gonzo and Rizzo pairing (MCC, MTI, MFS) and Rizzo's one of my favorites.

I'd probably get Fozzie, because he's a great character, but I'm afraid he'd be waaayyy expensive lol.

Probably won't get Piggy though. Not a big fan of the character, and she'd probably be really expensive too, and just not worth it for me peronally.

I'd definitely get Pepe too, though.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
A £ guess at Fozzie anyone?
I am guessing Kermit will be around £400 OR $800.