eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
.... Team Frogboy4...
I agree.
Thanks. :super: I might still be a little cranky still from my winter cold, but don't think I went out of bounds with muppetperson.

I think most of us are anxious to hear the real suggested retail price direct from the source, but I understand that others here like the unofficial teases. The announcement keeps getting pushed back since last summer. :eek:

goldengonzo

Reaction score
Man, I don't know what happened to this thread, but I suddenly feel a great bit of negativity towards this project. I don't so much care about Rizzo and if he's going to cost over $200, then I really don't care.

I was extremely excited to see Pepe on the short list of upcoming posers, but I'm starting to get the impression that we'll never see him (in prototype form or otherwise).

Maybe that's for the best. The $200 or more he would presumably cost can be spent better elsewhere.

To borrow an expression from professional wrestling, Muppet Person has made quite the heel turn in the last few pages. What a jerk!

Nick22

Reaction score
Wow

wow. i just read through an entire page of arguing. i agree with muppetperson. i feel frogboy is bashing the rich. is it so bad to be rich? i'm not so sure i'm rich, but my parents spend money like we are. at school, i get tons of comments about the amount of money my parents have. just cause we HAVE money, doesn't mean we're gonna "burn" it. and i don't understand why you are COMPLAINING about muppetperson giving us extremely useful information. and just because you're on a budget, it doesn't mean that efx is gonna lower the price for you. it sorta seems like you're whining, and thinking that maybe if you complain enough and never shut up, everything will be better. and if you say you have the money, why don't you shut up? and just saying that you don't mean to offend people, doesn't mean that people won't be offended.

on a totally different note, i think that director's chairs are a super cool idea. i hope efx decides to go through with it.

$700 doozer? not so much.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I've never been rich but I know what it is like to have everything you need in life then loose it all like I did last year. I had a great job that I was on for eighteen years, a car, house and a pretty good life. I am not compaining, but I do feel that I have more than others and blessed to have what I still have left. But I lost my job last year, my car, home and almost everything I owned. I had to move in with family and I cannot get food stamps cause they consider my retirement that is locked in to the stocks for ten years as income so that is out of the picture. Lost my health last june in the hospital just after I lost my medical benefits and job. Was out of work for seven months and now finally got a job minimum wage for only twenty house a week. Plus two deaths in the family a week before Christmas. I am barely making it by and I never complain about my problems that I have. I just hope and pray that no one ever has to go through this stuff. Whether you are rich, average, or poor, always remember that we are all human and different no matter what. And always be there for one another and don't ever hesitate to give a helping hand to someone you know that needs it. Count your blessings and be thankful for what you have or can do everyday. I don't have much now....but I am happy. Just a little food for thought guys.

Also this is why I am not on here that much, since I am trying to get back on my feet. :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've never been rich but I know what it is like to have everything you need in life then loose it all like I did last year. I had a great job that I was on for eighteen years, a car, house and a pretty good life. I am not compaining, but I do feel that I have more than others and blessed to have what I still have left. But I lost my job last year, my car, home and almost everything I owned. I had to move in with family and I cannot get food stamps cause they consider my retirement that is locked in to the stocks for ten years as income so that is out of the picture. Lost my health last june in the hospital just after I lost my medical benefits and job. Was out of work for seven months and now finally got a job minimum wage for only twenty house a week. Plus two deaths in the family a week before Christmas. I am barely making it by and I never complain about my problems that I have. I just hope and pray that no one ever has to go through this stuff. Whether you are rich, average, or poor, always remember that we are all human and different no matter what. And always be there for one another and don't ever hesitate to give a helping hand to someone you know that needs it. Count your blessings and be thankful for what you have or can do everyday. I don't have much now....but I am happy. Just a little food for thought guys.

Also this is why I am not on here that much, since I am trying to get back on my feet. :sympathy:
I'm sorry to hear that. I was wondering where you'd gone. It's hard all around these days, but it seems that life has dealt you a particularly difficult hand. It's good to see you back around here. Hope things improve for you.

Nick22 said:
wow. i just read through an entire page of arguing. i agree with muppetperson. i feel frogboy is bashing the rich. is it so bad to be rich?
There's nothing wrong with rich people. Never said that. Heck, some rich folk are even more concerned about the price of things! :wink: I'm sensitive to every Muppet fan here - not just the rich or poor ones and that has been repeated in every one of my posts ad nauseum. It's great if you can afford a $700 Doozer, but most people cannot and those who can should be sensitive to others. Every time someone voiced an expense concern it was hammered down or dismissed by Muppetperson. So I'm sticking up for those folk. Depending on the final price...I just might be one of them. It's all moot right now because we have no clue what the price is going to be.

Money might mean something different to you when you are older and out on your own. It sure did for me after leaving college. Wealthy and struggling folk can all work long hours and that places a value on each dollar earned. I think that the good people at EFX understand that and it's probably why they're taking so long to release the final price. I'm sure they're trying to offer Rizzo at a descent price while making a beneficial profit margin.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Has this thread calmed down? I saw lots os posts and hoped it would be some muppety news but alas. All I hope is that these EFX posers dont become like a Ferarri, I love Ferarris but I cant afford one, well i do own a dinky car version...does that count!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed: I think that's it in a nutshell. If I could have said it that succinctly less people would be upset. :coy:

statler salad

Reaction score
I'm far from rich - but I certainly don't think $400 is a lot of money for an accurate Muppet replica! (people here in the UK can spend that kind of money on alcohol in an average weekend!)

I'm afraid it's a case of people wanting the best, but don't want to spend the money on getting it. If you can imagine the costs involved in producing this limited run, EFX aren't going to end up making a decent profit, and if that happens its the end of the line for these replicas.

The bottom line is, we do not live in a world where everybody earns the same amount of money, and people prioritise what they spend their money on differently to others. I could never imagine myself spending $100s on one item of clothing, but people do it regularly (and I don't mean just 'rich' people).

If people are already complaining Rizzo is going cost around $400, there is no chance in he*l Fozzie or Miss Piggy will ever make it off the production line!