eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Do you think they would produce said "sleeping bags" for the other replicas created by another company? And just sold as extras?

Because it would be great for all my replicas to have matching sleeping bags... :smile:

In all seriousness though, star chairs sound like a really cool idea to me.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
In all seriousness though, star chairs sound like a really cool idea to me.
I agree, Directors chairs would be a really cool feature and it get's the thumbs up from me. :smile:

My only comment would be, if it wasn't included and the unit price of Rizzo came down, would that be better for everyone with price concerns? Don't get me wrong, I'm in it whatever the cost - I just understand from this thread that some people are restricted by price and if sales are poor because of this, the line may end prematurely :sympathy: If money on R&D and cost of producing can be saved on superfluous elements, this could translate into better sales - I wouldn't have thought the inclusion of a directors chair will sway people who cannot afford the poser at a higher price.

Thoughts?

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I don't imagine a director's chair would affect the cost all that much. I mean, a human sized chair costs what, $50-$75? So I can't imagine a chair for an 18" rat would cost that much.

I'm also in regardless; the stand isn't really that big of an issue for me as I display my posers without the stands.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree, Directors chairs would be a really cool feature and it get's the thumbs up from me. :smile:

My only comment would be, if it wasn't included and the unit price of Rizzo came down, would that be better for everyone with price concerns? Don't get me wrong, I'm in it whatever the cost - I just understand from this thread that some people are restricted by price and if sales are poor because of this, the line may end prematurely :sympathy: If money on R&D and cost of producing can be saved on superfluous elements, this could translate into better sales - I wouldn't have thought the inclusion of a directors chair will sway people who cannot afford the poser at a higher price.

Thoughts?
OK, I can tell you that Rizzo will not be over $400 and the chair will be included if all goes to plan.And then you will be able to get him discounted, so he will be under $400.The discount option is being worked out at the moment and should be finalised in a week or so, hence the wait.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not over $400 is a good start, but what were the prices for Kermit, Gonzo and Animal? Wasn't Animal around $400?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Not over $400 is a good start, but what were the prices for Kermit, Gonzo and Animal? Wasn't Animal around $400?
We have to forget Master Replicas prices.Larger quantities were made, which brought the prices down.However, as we know, there werent 1,500 people who wanted them, so they had to be heavily discounted below what they cost to make, to get people to buy them and MR went broke.Manufacturing prices in Asia have also gone up so we will never see those prices again.eFX are making smaller quantities to meet market demand.Making less means spreading production costs over smaller bases which increases costs.eFX are doing their best under the circumstances.
Need I give you an example of certain little green construction guys in Paris, selling(?) for over $700 and smaller than Rizzo!

Davina

Reaction score
there are little green construction guys in Paris? somehow i've missed that bit..

muppetperson

Reaction score
there are little green construction guys in Paris? somehow i've missed that bit..
They are part of the Dr X Fraggle Rock range in the Colette Dept store in Paris.You can go to a link and see them in the Fraggle Rock section of this forum and look under the Doozer replica thread at the first post.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Makes sense to me on pricing.

Hmm...what about offering the patterns at $100 each character? Kiddin' :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We have to forget Master Replicas prices.Larger quantities were made, which brought the prices down.However, as we know, there werent 1,500 people who wanted them, so they had to be heavily discounted below what they cost to make, to get people to buy them and MR went broke.Manufacturing prices in Asia have also gone up so we will never see those prices again.eFX are making smaller quantities to meet market demand.Making less means spreading production costs over smaller bases which increases costs.eFX are doing their best under the circumstances.
Need I give you an example of certain little green construction guys in Paris, selling(?) for over $700 and smaller than Rizzo!
The fans here represent a good portion of the market for these so I don't think we should discard any pricing. I get what you're saying, but I'm certain EFX is trying to keep the SRP as low as possible. And the $700 Doozers aren't representative of the collectors' market. Very, very few Fraggle fans are going to end up with those. They're basically for bored rich people who would senselessly spend that money somewhere else anyway.

Are you an official rep or employee of EFX because it sounds as if you’re doing more advertising than reporting here? I hope that doesn’t offend you, but it’s a little disconcerting. I'm a bit confused. There tends to be less concern for us consumers than the company.