Farewell Farah and Michael

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I sort of found out about Michael at Facebook. One of my friends there said she was feeling sad about Michael. One of hers agreed saying he should be remembered for his music. "Goodness gracious me!" I thought. He must have died. Then I did a Google search and found it was true.
Michael Jackson certainly was a strange man with a lot of demons, but he was also a brillant man with enourmous talent and he was a genius. I agree, that's what we should remember him for.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Out of all the Michael Jackson parodies I've ever seen, South Park is the most astute one.
Never underestimate South Park! :wink:

Honestly, I'd usually say something bad about the father, but he just lost a son. no parent should ever go through that.
Heh, I don't mind doing it. No child should ever have to go through what Michael Jackson apparently went through.

I just hope Jackson's children are able to live well after all this. That's more important than the music. It's alright to celebrate his music and all, I just don't want the controversial issues to just be whitewashed and forgotten, especially when children are involved. They're still here and they need some kind of stability.

Censored

Reaction score
At least no one on here is cheering for Michael Jackson's death like they did with Anna Nicole Smith.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At least no one on here is cheering for Michael Jackson's death like they did with Anna Nicole Smith.
Very true. I didn't do that for Miss Smith and I won't do it here. As I say, I don't want to whitewash Michael Jackson's life. But neither do I want to be happy over a person's death. Both of these public figures had troubles that affected both them and their families. Again, there's no point in being envious.

Kiki

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember when she passed away. She copped it, didn't she? I didn't know to much about her. Like, I knew what she did, but... meh, didn't concern me. As fer Michael Jackson, I find him an extremely talented guy (he was a superstar- that's no exaduration), however I'm not a massive fan and to be frank, well, his life was a little suss. There's just a lot of... unanswered questions. =/ About... all kinds of things. He *was* a weird cat, that's for sure. (I'm sorry if I sound harsh because I don't have tons of sympathy, I'm not trying to kill the mood of this thread or whatever. He was a great entertainer and all, but very suss. *Shrug*... my opinion).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very true. I didn't do that for Miss Smith and I won't do it here. As I say, I don't want to whitewash Michael Jackson's life.
But then again, Michael Jackson became a celebrity through the classic outlets of hard work (work so hard it... well... look what that did to him) while Anna was thrown at us by the entertainment tabloids and became a "star" for the sake of being a star. Not that it should make any difference, but we're living in a terrifying age where these fake celebrities are being thrown at us, Paris Hilton for example, and people worship them like royalty because we're pre-conditioned to.

Michael WAS royalty, at least in the music world. He had a palace too.... a Disneyland Peter Pan complex palace, but a true palace. And he worked hard to get to where he was. We'll never see that kind of dedication ever again. Our new "royalty" consists mainly of flashy bimbos and himbos who's claim to fame is either they appeared in a reality TV show, or they have a lot of money they inherited from their parents. What I denounce here is the World's dangerous obsession with these people. The same people who made Michael Jackson a monster put Anna and Paris and those 2 people that left that reality show on a silver platter and told us to worship them. I hate the entertainment tabloid "news" complex. it ruins the careers of those that don't deserve it, and gives careers to people that don't deserve it.

Nick22

Reaction score
michael jackson rully was one of the only musical legends who was still around. now we're stuck with all that stupid boppy pop crud like taylor swift and miley cyrus that people call music. and before we all know it, they'll all be out of the music industry anyway because, hopefully, those dumb 8-13-year-old girls will relize that the music they listen to sucks. michael jackson was the KING of pop. and he had good music. looks what's happened to pop now.

Kiki

Reaction score
michael jackson rully was one of the only musical legends who was still around. now we're stuck with all that stupid boppy pop crud like taylor swift and miley cyrus that people call music. and before we all know it, they'll all be out of the music industry anyway because, hopefully, those dumb 8-13-year-old girls will relize that the music they listen to sucks. michael jackson was the KING of pop. and he had good music. looks what's happened to pop now.
I know where your coming from. And that's no exaduration- Michael was a music legend. And he was so well-known amongst all age-groups (sadly, not always for his music... =(), and he's such a great loss to the entertainment industry. Most of us will most likely remember the day he died, and when we first heard about his death, sorta like when Lennon died (I personally wasn't even born, but we have a newspaper still).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But then again, Michael Jackson became a celebrity through the classic outlets of hard work (work so hard it... well... look what that did to him) while Anna was thrown at us by the entertainment tabloids and became a "star" for the sake of being a star.
Yeah I know, I understand. :smile: I'm just saying, whether hard working talent or fake celebrity, we are all human beings. :smile: And mercy is often for those who don't deserve it.