"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow Thog in a trailer Man i need to sneak into a theater or something lol!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
My reaction to the the trailer *SPOILER ALERT*

Hi Everyone!
I saw the teaser trailer last night at my local drive inn that shows new movies and it looked great! I managed to record it on my video camera but it turned out terrible because I was watching it from inside a car and it was hard for me to focus correctly with a huge drive-inn movie screen. But after the trailer was over people in other cars could definitey hear me yell "YES!"

I thought the trailer was very well done! I was getting kind of miffed through the first half of it because all it showed was Jason Segal and Amy Adams in like a cute, romantic comedy sort of way. Then the announcer started naming the stars of the movie and when Kermit came through a door as the announcer questioned what he was saying, especially after he announced Miss Piggy's name...it was great! Kermit looked great...the shot of Piggy had her with short, straight hair and she was in a suit (I am not a fan of the short hairstyle but she still looked good). Then when Jason stopped the promo and was like (Wait! Are there Muppets in this movie?") all the other muppets in a huge group nodded and said yes, which was awesome.

Then the pace of the trailer speeds up tremendously as they show clip after clip of different parts of the movie and as a teaser trailer is supposed to do...it definitely teased the heck out of me! There were really short clips of some of the song and dance numbers, plus some classic shots like Animal playing the drums, the muppets running away from something, a hilarious shot of Piggy slamming her head on her desk, and tons of good stuff. It all goes by so fast I wish I could have watched it in slow motion.

At the end, Crazy comes out in front of a white background with the movie logo and sets off an explosion, Fozzie makes an observation that the explosion looks expensive and that he couldn't believe they could fit that in the budget, and the end of the trailer, it says, "get ready for Muppet domination"

LOVED IT! Totally did everything a teaser trailer is supposed to do....I don't want to get my hopes up but I am so frickin excited to see this movie! I hope they have some longer trailers and that they come out soon but so far, great job introducing the movie to the masses. Everyone at the drive-inn cheered when it was over! SO EXCITED! I can't wait to watch it again once it hits the net!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! The image of Piggy slamming her head on a desk (and the whole feel of the trailer you've described) reminds me of the British ad for the first three Muppet movies which had loads of short clips, my favorite of which was Piggy throwing her portfollio in the air from GMC.

beaker

Reaction score
"get ready for Muppet domination"...indeed. I had forgotten that was the tagline, and what a fitting tagline that is.

2011 absolutely NEEDS to be pure and total Muppet domination. As Muppet fans, we've been kept down too long...every freaking other fandom has had their modern spotlight. Transformer fans, Trekkies, Star Wars fans, Firefly, Dr Who, etc. Now's our time!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I get a kick out of hearing about the audience reaction to these trailers. It does my heart good to know people are cheering the return of the Muppets.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Don't have anything to add that hasn't already been covered by others (though in answer to an asked question, no Thog doesn't speak - like most of the Muppets, they don't have lines in the trailer but is seen prominently in the background in one group shot), except that all the Muppets look really beautiful and the trailer is well done. I'm actually perfectly fine with this being *The* trailer for the film as i don't really want a trailer that gives away too much of the movie and makes you feel like you've already seen it all when you're actually watching the film itself.

Tried to take in as much as i could in the short timeframe/single viewing of it. Thog was really the only "surprise" Muppet i could pick out (meaning a more obscure character i normally wouldn't expect to see aside from the Usual Suspects) and of course Crazy Harry - but i was expecting that due to the previous descriptions here.

My only concern is given how they were effectively able to pull off the gimmick of making the first half of the trailer seem like a non-Muppet movie, it leads me to wonder how much screentime the human characters actually do end up "eating" in the final version and if the film itself may end up feeling like a "movie with Muppets" as opposed to a "Muppet movie".

But that's my only nitpick - everything else was divine. Also, since it's been a hot topic, i don't recall any shots that seemed relient on CGI.

(And since no one ever answered my original questions regarding seeing the trailer without paying for/watching the whole movie, i'll answer it for others wondering the same thing: after first making some unsuccessful phone inquiries about being able to just watch the trailers, i instead just walked out after 20 minutes asking for a refund. Very simple...though had to remember to change out of a Muppet shirt before leaving for the theatre lest i give my real purpose for paying for the movie in the first place away!)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A Muppet Domanation wow is that or is that not what America needs right now! I like the whole idea of making it seem like a romantic comody, and then naming off the Muppets. I mean Clearly the Muppets are going to be the main feature in the movie even if they are being talked about. Like when they are going to the Muppet Studios I'm sure that there wont be many Muppets there except for Walter.

Now Crazy Harry has really been trying to make a come back since about 2005, in Oz. He has had a few voice changes, but he is still makeing a good comeback. Which I'm glad about because He really was a funny guy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A Muppet Domanation wow is that or is that not what America needs right now! I like the whole idea of making it seem like a romantic comody, and then naming off the Muppets. I mean Clearly the Muppets are going to be the main feature in the movie even if they are being talked about. Like when they are going to the Muppet Studios I'm sure that there wont be many Muppets there except for Walter.

Now Crazy Harry has really been trying to make a come back since about 2005, in Oz. He has had a few voice changes, but he is still makeing a good comeback. Which I'm glad about because He really was a funny guy.
I'm surprised that Crazy Harry has survived the climate of political correctness, but the Muppets just aren't the Muppets without his 'splosions! :crazy:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Do Thog and Uncle Deadly talk in the trailer? Just curious...

If Thog does speak, I wonder if his voice will be that of Matt Vogel as well, considering the fact that, like Uncle Deadly, Thog was also a Jerry Nelson character.
aside from a few heys ,laughs and one line from fozzie and the end, there isnt much dialog its still only a teaser trailer...so not to much plot wise is shown