The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've just been out with my friend who's been constantly talking about what to get her boyfriend for Valentine's Day! Grr...!

Beth C

Reaction score
Like a lot of people, I'm still single and without a V-day partner. I just try to ignore that day and treat it like any other, which would work except for the fact that nearly everyone at work buys flowers or balloons or something RED for their loved one and all day long I have to stare at these displays of affection.

I dream of the day when I have a man again who loves me and wants to take care of me. I dream of a big house filled with joy. I dream of someone who wants to hold me and tell me I'm special.

I should just stop dreaming. LOL! Dreams never come true.

V-day can go away. I don't have no use for it.

~Beth C

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Thanks!
Sorry about your birthday, though. That would be icky.
Having a birthday just before it, though, is lovely. It just makes Valentine's Day anti-climactic enough that you can't be too disappointed it's such a non-holiday.
Erin

Gloworm

Reaction score
My friend called me the scrooge of Valentine's Day today. Then she drew a heart on my arm. bleugh.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yecchh...I hate Valentines' Day! :grouchy: See...I thought that by the age of 35 , I'd be married,or at least have a boyfriend by now. But sadly, no guy in sight for me. :frown:
I still live at home with my parents & sister. My dad usually buys Reeses' mini PB cups for my sister & I in heart shaped boxes. But this year (due to him getting sick) I doubt strongly we'll get it. I don't mind that at all...don't get me wrong! It's just that (as I said) I thought in this point in my life I'd have a boyfriend or husband.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Ick! It's an excuse for my ex-girlfriend to have an excuse to text me! I'll have my phone off that day!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Same her I'm not much into Ventines Day but I do love giving cards no matter if they don't want them. It seems to calm the day. I'm still single and still livng w/ my parents. My mom always gives me something on VD. One year she gave me a "Toy Story" poster in a frame. It was so cool. I love that thing. Still have it too. I hope I get something else on VD from someone. I know I'll be giving out VD cards to some of my workers and Ex workers too. LOL I seem to enjoy VD!! Don't know why but I do!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I love love love the candy though.
And on a sick and twisted note: It's funny when members abbreciate Valentine's Day. Example:
Erine81981 said:
I seem to enjoy VD!! Don't know why but I do!!
HA! Sorry Erine81981, I don't mean to make a joke at your expense, but that really made me laugh. :halo: :cool: