The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I get at what your laughing at Vic. I just read what you had quoted. Now that is funny. LOL I'm rolling around on the floor. Thank for the laugh that I didn't mean by that Vic.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Here's a perfect quote about Valentines' Day said by Jim Carrey:
"Valentine's Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like junk."
(actually the "junk" is a different word that's "rap" with a C) :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I get at what your laughing at Vic. I just read what you had quoted. Now that is funny. LOL I'm rolling around on the floor. Thank for the laugh that I didn't mean by that Vic.
Thanks for having a fun sense of humor! :crazy:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Ok, so you have the single people who "hate" VD... and u have the single people that love VD... And then theres me! The people who arn't single, who go nuts trying to be original n think up a plan to be different from the guy b4, and really plan something nice for yer g/f... grrrness... yes, i tell her like just about everyday that she means alot to me, but now i have VD to put pressure, to be 10x more romantic. ANd ov course, i can't just do everything i've been doing, VD has to be speical and has to have something that seperates itself from n e other day... VD SUX!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I don't like Valentines day, it isnt good when you are on your own. Christmas can also be the worst time of the year for some people but atleast theres some good things about christmas too.

I think alot of the holidays are just money makers these days! especially valentines day. We have a whole pile downstairs of valentines junk mail, jewlers, advertising for people to buy the perfect gift for valentines day.

ceecee

Reaction score
Valentines Day is waaaaaaaaaay overrated. I'm married, but my husband and I don't care too much about the day. I did buy him a Simpsons kite for $3, though. That'll have to do. I don't expect anything from him because he pretty much told me not to.

Valentines Day was fun in elementary school, and just plain awful in high school. All the girls w/ boyfriends would get called to the office to pick up their flowers and junk. I hated that!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I try to really focus on my friends on Valentine's Day whether I'm single or not. I like to give people cards and try and brighten their day and I used to surprise my best friends at work (if they were working) with a flower just to let them know I care. I've also always gotten flowers or cards from my parents. It doesn't have to be just about being with someone, you can celebrate with the people who are important in your life.

I do agree though that V-day is WAY TOO COMMERCIAL!!!! I hate how they take the Christmas stuff down at stores and immediately stock Valentine's stuff.

I also feel that it was more fun in elementary school, when you got the cute little paper valentines. It was also a good excuse to have a party and not have class!

Tonight I'm having a Valentine's dance for the junior high kids I work with (I'm a youth minister in a church) and I'm dreading it because I know there will be girls crying because "so and so doesn't like me".

So really, I guess after reading what I just wrote, I'm on the fence about Valentine's Day! oh well, it will be over soon!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, this Valentine's Day, I get to go to see The Little Shop of Horrors at the Memphis Orpheum (treating myself of course). I did get a Sababa Plush Kermit Book Mark from the mother of a friend of mine.