Toy Fair Pics!

Rufus

Reaction score
Awesome! *sigh*... let the wait begin...

Nice to see Pepe along side the other figures, I think his scale works good. I don't know what the deal is with the smaller blue Rizzo, but I hope that's the size they're going to use for him.

I had no idea the Newsman was so short!

And what is up with that artwork of a certain Muppet creator in Muppet form?!?!?! That thing came out of nowhere (I saw the thumbnail and was like... "hmm... who's that with the banjo? It's not Kermit...") Arggh!!! Now I"m dying to know what the deal with that is!!!!!!

Thanks Aerosmith for that link!!!

- R -

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
OMG! There are lots of surprizes in there and I think all questions have been answered by 29 little pics. :eek:

Wow! Beauregard looks fantastic. Koozebane Kermit is an amazing sculpt. You have to love those Koozebanians too. Statler and Waldorf are great mix of classic and modern interpretations. Pepe looks spectacular at a 3.4 turn. I wouldn't close that mouth for the world. Rizzo looks even better and the Newsman looks just like I always picured him!

Janice's body rocks. Many boys who don't like Muppets might pick this one up. LOL! Not sure about the fit of her hat. It kind of changes the dynamic of her face, but that's not a big deal. It's magnetic and her head under it looks just fine. Maybe that can be adjusted. The rest of her looks amazing,

The Swinetrek! Man! I want that now! First Mate Piggy looks a little more filled out like on the show. Especially in the legs - those are her legs. A very season 5 look to her face, head and hair. And her costume is pinker than the other crewmembers. I love it!

And did anyone see an interesting picture in there? :wink:

Bulldawg

Reaction score
AWESOME!!

and the DID make Janice lefthanded...and shes so TALL too.

Gonzo in the red tux is just a classic...cant wait for that one.

and a Jim Henson Muppet figure prototype..complete with a kermit muppet?!?!? :eek: so awesome.

i may have just wet myself.

:embarrassed:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Wow! I wet myself with excitment!

*pulls out a bottle labled EXCITMENT and pours the liquid contents all over himself*

EDIT; Wait, where's Clifford?

beaker

Reaction score
Holy *expletive deleted*!!! I was gonna wait til Monday, as I wasnt sure if theyd be revealed today...BUT OMG!

The sight of those Koozebanes alone is enough to wet my pants!
And Janice, DAHAAAAAAMNNNN! Did they make her look ultra secksay or what? And PIS Piggy, finally were gonan get a non horrendous Piggy head sculpt, *yay*

These are some truly out of hand sculps...I mean look at the Two Snowths! The Penguins! Newsman! Beau! Its truly a dream come true.

A few questions:

The smaller blue Rizzo prototype: PLLLLLLEASSSSE TELL US that will be the actual size! The other size is wayyy too big:frown:
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&al...esToys&pic=100_0039.jpg&dispsize=500&start=18

Also, is that a smaller Sam Eagle unpainted prototype I see?
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&al...desToys&pic=100_0033.jpg&dispsize=500&start=9

Clifford, well it was hard to see the unpainted prototype, but I cant wait for him either!

Ryan

Reaction score
A majority of these look sa-weet, but,

Statler's upper lip is way too large. It should end just at the tip of the nose, or a bit lower.(See the Marley and Marley PVC)

There's something wrong with Janice's face, I can't point it out..I think the eyes may be too close together and the lips too large...I'm not sure...

The Newsman is too short, telling by the comparison to Janice and Gonzo. Maybe they can help the situation by adding a visible waist.

Other than that, these are amazing. I've fell in love with the PVC's (Although extremley pricey, I'll pay anything for a Mahna Mahna and Snowth set) The Koozbaine Kermit is brilliant (Is he coming with a mike?) Tux Gonzo totally kicks. And the PIS set is the best yet. The possibly most beautiful thing from the collection. I am so siked about the Banjo strummin' Jim fig, complete with :smile: puppet ! I really hope this is made. Although Rizzo looks good, he'd look better the smaller size.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Newsman always seemed short to me - and never had that much of a visible waist. The cool thing about him is I always found him the type of guy who is as tall standing up as sitting down. There are people like that.

Janice seems to have a hat issue - it doesn't seem to have anything to do with her face IMHO. If we way her hatless I'm certain some would have a different impression. Wish they'd displayed that.

Anyway, I'm sure these are far too complete for major changed, just tweaking. Adding a new torso would be way too costly - and these are the approved Henson prototypes.

What do you think about Pepe's side view? It makes the mouth open look much better.
:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Gonzo rules but Camila looks funny.

I think the Janice issue is that her head goes up to far after her eyes. The slop isn't nearly as stead as that. Maybe if the top of her head was cut down and made flatter.

The Koozebane Kermit is terrific! There is no need ofr a playset! I love these mini-plasysets that we will be getting. Like the Newsman and backdrop and even Rowlf's paino is like a mini-playset.

I Love the short news man. It's hilarious and so muppet like that he would have a huge upper body and sit behind a desk, yet be so short! It reminds me of the Fairly Odd Parents. There is a similar looking news man that pops up from time to time.

BOP Fozzie perfect!

PIS Piggy, close to perfect. That yellow hair bugs me but I think Ken is looking into changing that, or at least it was mentioned by him on the Palisades baords.

Statler and Waldorf look fine to me. I don't know what people were talking about with the color issue but maybe it was fixed since then. They are a great mix of so many different puppet styles.

Swine Trek is awesome! It's a little out of scale as far as height goes but if it were exactly to scale we would never get it :eek:

Beauregaurd is amazing! He looks perfect! I can't wait to get him just for the look alone.

Pepe looks good though I would have like to have seen his accessories.

I think a main point here is that if Palisades can get away with makink more of these cool mini-playset things like News Reporter Kermit it would be awesome! Though a Koozbane playset probably would have had a backdrop and spring loaded Merdelodops :big_grin: