1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Toy Fair Pics!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Aerosmith, Feb 15, 2003.

1. BAZ

BAZ New Member

I wonder if the Henson figure is going to be the "To Be Announced Palisades Exclusive - Not a Previously Released Character"?

:confused:
  2. Wander McMooch

Wander McMooch New Member

There's some better pics of the Henson image at Figures.com:

http://207.44.204.78/photos/showphoto.php?photo=536&papass=&sort=1&thecat=513

I'm betting that he's the special one available through the collector's club as well.

These figures look fantastic. One quibble, though: does Gonzo's nose look off color wise? The off-purple is appropriate, but the green/yellow on the front is really distracting. I rather liked the old one -- purple with blue highlights.
  3. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

a note for those people who don't really want to join the club but are going to just to get the figure.

I think it's a Palisades exclusive offered to everyone over there website, it's not a CC exclusive
  4. Joggy

Joggy Member

Wow. Lovely. Just lovely. Here's my opinions on everything:

PIGS IN SPACE CREW:
    Piggy's head looks a little weird indeed... but her body is perfect. Still LOVE Strangepork and Link, like em better with the logos though. The Swinetrek Display is BRILLIANT! It's so true to the show!

SAM EAGLE
    So far my least favorite of the series, although he looks good. I still think putting the suit on him was a big bummer. But, hopes are high for my naked Sam...

RIZZO
    Lookin at that prototype, although he's just the right size I can see that's too hard to turn into an action figure. I like this size just fine.

NEWSMAN:
    Waaaaaaay cool! No comments!

BEAUREGARD:
    Oh my FROG!

STATLER AND WALDORF:
    Ditto! Same goes for Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf, those would look so awesome in my collection!

PATROL BEAR:
    ... I already HAVE four Fozzies! Still, nice.

PEPE:
    Look closely at the photo of Pepe on top of the MB. His pupils are MUCH smaller and they're not crosseyed like on most Muppets. The action figure looks too friendly like this. But he looks like a great figure to own!

KERMIT REPORTER:
    THOSE ALIENS! OH MY!!!

JANICE:
    WONDERFUL addition to the band. I can't wait to see her with her guitar.

GONZO AND CAMILLA:
    Okay, Camilla's eyes may be just a LITTLE off, but I'm glad I'm gettin' my chicken!

BUNSEN AND BEAKER TUX, SWEDISH CHEF CATASTROPHE, ANIMAL T-SHIRT: Nice exclusives, I like Chef best.

PVCs:
    First time I saw them painted. I really want to have them now. Especially Ghost of Christmas Present, Thog, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths. The only one not produced yet is Fozziwig, right?

Jim Henson:
    OH! I SO hope this one won't be too popular and rare. (keep on dreaming Jog.)
  5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

*can't talk, too excited*

WWWOOOOWWW
  6. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

Was the Jim Henson one, the one, that was stated as TBD: Not a Previously Released Character on the Muppet Central, Palisades Release Schedule:confused:
  7. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

if they had series 6, how come there was no Clifford pic?
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I forgot those PVC's, boy do Palisades make good PVC's, expensive yes, high quality i think so ! Those are the best looking painted Penguins i've ever seen - such vibrant colors, such attention to detail - such muppety wackyness. Ken certainly does not design Penguins gratuitously, he designs em with class ! All that MCC stuff is about as movie accurate as you could get - wonderful !

If i had a penguin smilie right now i'd use it right here :- X

Long live the Palisades Penguins, we need more !
  9. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

10. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

SWEET! My thread's important! :)
  11. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

The varied fan perceptions of the Muppet characters over the years is always interesting to me.

I think Joggy nailed it when he describes the Pepe action figure as looking too friendly. That's exactly how he looks!

Statler looks like he's waiting for alterations on his suit that doesn't fit right or something. To me, he's the most off, especially his nose.

Janice is good. The sculpt is nice and she appears to be as tall as the Fozzie figure which makes me happy. Her hair seems to be the biggest problem, probably accentuated by the funny way her hat is sitting on her head as several people have mentioned. But I do think her hair should be a MUCH more saturated yellow than it is (compare Piggy & Janice hair coloring at the top of this Muppet Central page). I also think it's a combination of the arc of the bottoms of her eyelids as well as how open her mouth is that makes her look like Janice from her Eren Ozker days -- which is okay too. But were I doing the sculpting, I would have either positioned her mouth opened more wide as if she was singing the way Richard Hunt made her sing, or else close it completely like how she used to do when Richard would make her jut out her neck and flip her hair. I guess I'm being so critical of Janice because she's one of the ones I too am most looking forward to.

I am really disappointed Reporter Kermit won't have his hat or microphone. :( I can tell right now I'm going to be customizing my Reporter Kermit, most likely permanently gluing an extra Fozzie porkpie hat on him. It's perfect for him! Including Fozzie's hat with Reporter Kermit wouldn't even require a new sculpt. Palisades should seriously reconsider doing that.

First Mate Piggy looks sleepy. I wondered who sculpted her? Up until series 3, Miss Piggy is the only figure that credits two sculptors.

Since the comments have started at series 1, I've been curious if who the sculptor is has any impact upon which figures I ultimately end up liking most. People have talked about displaying their figures grouped according to performers. Here's a quick grouping of who has sculpted whom. Obsessive, I know. Enjoy it while it lasts, I say. :rolleyes:

Cynthia Woodie: Kermit, Kermit (tux), Fozzie Bear, "Vacation" Fozzie, Lew Zealand, Rowlf

Raven Hood: Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Crazy Harry, Animal, Zoot

Kathy Jeffers: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Gonzo, "Crash Helmet" Gonzo, Scooter

Cynthia Woodie & Raven Hood: Miss Piggy, Miss Piggy (hair down EB exclusive)

Any common favorites among the same sculptor? It's interesting how Raven Hood has done all the members of the Electric Mayhem thus far.

Are the same sculptors doing the minis? I'm still not enthused with the minis. I like the Muppet Christmas Carol set, but will probably pass on the others.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's not that they can't - it's a Henson/Sesame Workshop issue. Originally they couldn't do Reporter Kermit because he was also seen on Sesame Street and Palisades don't have that license. So it's a compromise that they can do him without the hat and microphone, and include the Koozebanians to ensure people know it's from TMS and not SS.

As for sculptors - i like Cynthia Woodie a lot !
  13. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Me too, Luke! :)
  14. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

The negative:

Sam looks HUGE in comparison to Strangepork; looks like he could squash the little bugger. Strangepork himself looks better tho, with the whiter hair (I thought his eyes looked better too).

Janice's face looks off to me too; for one thing, she has no teeth. For another, her lips are concentrated in the center rather than spread across her face.

The Newsman looks too short.

The positive:

First Mate Piggy! IMO, this is the best Piggy yet!

Koozebane Kermit and the aliens! Terrific! (Although I think the Koozebanians' eyes maybe ought to be bigger).

The Swinetrek! Barring the addition of the viewscreens, it looks just like the set from the show.

Statler and Waldorf look good. I agree about Statler's upper lip, but the likenesses are still excellent.

Beauregard looks good, as does BOP Fozzie.

One the whole, I am one satisfied customer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  15. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

16. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

17. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

In one pic I saw the Janice had teeth, fer sure:D

BTW on that sculptor's list I believe Phil Ramirez sculpted Rizzo...maybe a few more.
  18. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf look great! There are a lot more photo's out now that show the figures even better. I knew that this idea would be a great one! i don't know how anyone could think it was not! It fits them perfect and it's right from the show. I guess if you look around you can find a lot of answers to the many questions that have been asked as I'm sure Ken can't answer them all.

Statlers face looks better on the Vaudeville figure better i think, maybe it's the lighting.

Janice looks very nice and after seeing her with her hat off there still could be some tweeking in the eye's.

Camilla looks better then the CC photo we got,just like GONZO too! i don't know if it was tweeked or not, but she kinda had a sheep like body in the CC pic, you can really see the feathers and there is a tip of blue abover her eye's, check this bawk bawk shot out to see the feathers, i still think there needs just to be some kinda touch to her eye's.but she looks good!

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=13718

I read that the doors do open on the PIS set, i don't know howmybe they are still woking on it, it also says that the walls fold in? huh? what's that mean? and that the window can change, but we new this, i wonder what the images are?

My real question is why don't the Koosbaines have any feet? It looks like my fozzie's going to donate his mic to kermit, he REALLY needs one! this is what i say, pack something else with another figure to "cheet" the rights on it;-) maybe like the Tux :D Teeth could come with a mic that could be used for reporter kermit,i feel just a small mic should come with him, maybe just like fozzie's but without the stand and wire, just the mic, but i know the rights and all. it just makes sences for kermit to iterview with the mic. too bad.:(

I feel that the News Man looks perfect, he's a short nerdy guy;)
  19. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

OK, these have got me very excited, and my reactions are very positive, but it's boring to read a bunch of "coooooool" posts, so here are my few heartfelt criticisms:

PVC's: I was going to limit my collecting to the larger figures and just pick up a couple PVC's... I shoulda seen this coming, but I'm very upset that they're gonna try to force me to buy every single PVC just to get Mahna Mahna and two Snowths... that's just cruel. While I love Thog as much as the next fan, I really was hoping to save cash by only buying PVC's I wanted... Guess I will save even more cash now, since I won't be buying any PVC's... :(

Reporter Kermit: My current Kermit is standing horribly knock-kneed to make it look like he isn't staring at his feet. I always blamed this on his legs, but now I see that it is his head! In reporter-kermit it becomes obvious - he's just jutting his chin out way too much.

:Swinetrek: I'm just assuming these aren't the final colors... right? It's just way too boring... All Red and Grey...

Camilla: She looks terrible head-on, but here's a better shot:
    http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=13718

Jim Henson: Oh MAN! If this is something hard to find, an extreme exclusive, I'm going to be very bitter... I'm not a collector, just an average Muppet Fan buying 3/4 of the line... Please don't leave me out on this one!!!

Here's Janice wearing her hat differently
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Anything you did like. As Janice would say, "Bummer!"