1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Toy Fair Pics!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Aerosmith, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Zack the Dog Active Member

Nope the Jim Henson figure will, if it's made be sold from the website and if your in the CC you get a discount.

I understand how you feel about the PVC's that they shouldn't have split up Mahna Mahna and two Snowths, in some ways though they want to make it more marketable, it might not sell as well if the set contaned Thog, Mahna Mahna & Snowths, that's three PVC's that are not as known as gonzo piggy and sam are,

you could do this diffrent way though Gonzo, Mahna Mahna & Snowths and piggy thog and Sam...ex.ex.ex but Mahna Mahna & Snowths still could work well togther because they belong together. so in ways it may seem like a "scam" to get you to by both sets if you really want Mahna Mahna & Snowths but it could help this line better if they are not. these are not facts but what i think.

i did want to get my friend a pair with Mahna Mahna & Snowths togther but they are not coming that way so i would have to buy 4 sets 2 of each to give the two split sets to my friend who really like Mahna Mahna and the Snowths. Maybe i'll give her just those two and give the others to my other firends. i still wish these were all coming togther, but i wish it would be the price of 15 bucks, but that an't happing.

Zack)Rowlf the, i just posted that same pic of Camila,lol! Dog.
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

People have complained for over a year about Mahna not being a figure. Ken expressed that it would be expensive to release such and obscure figure. Splitting Mahna from the Snowths just makes these people put their money where their mouth is. I see nothing wrong with it. :mad: Had to use Mad Piggy! LOL! :p

It's a wise move on Palisade's part IMHO. I would have split them too. They have an entire line to think about - not just one person.
  3. Hat Sharpener New Member

As for the PVC thing... I understand the marketting ploy, but I'm still pretty disgruntled...

Yes. Every single other thing!!!! :)

It's gonna be really hard trying to limit myself to the "One Fig Per Character" rule I inflicted upon myself at the beginning of this line....

Statler & Waldorf: Awesome. How are they articulated in the legs?

Bear on Patrol Wish I had friends who were police so I could get them this one!

Gonzo This is the gonzo I've been waiting my whole life for!!!! Even the color of his nose is finally not sky-blue!!!!

Janice Dude, I don't remember those hips... ;) I'm so excited to be "getting the band back together"

Pigs in Space You're definitely getting me to buy a Figure of Julius Strangepork by realeasing the whole set adn crew... Even put off my Piggy figure to wait for this one. :)

Sam He's awesome, but the movie was not my favorite, so I'm waiting for him naked.

Kermit I'll be breaking my rule for him...

MAMMA No one has mentioned this yet! It'll fit in nicely with my other addiction - Star Wars Droids... BTW what's the Bible?
  4. Crazy Harry New Member

That's a 'captain's log' book. It's one of Sam's accessories.
  5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Right now Palisades is concerned with the longevity of the line. I'm sure they would have packed Mahna and the Snowths together if they thought it was best, but they need a strong first wave to sustain the PVCs. And these are no cheapy figures - they are well worth the price I think. You get what you pay for. ;) And they have made things so easy for collectors - much more than The Simpsons.

Statler and Waldorf bend at the knee. Maybe the prototypes haven't been cut. They come out in 9 months so there's plenty of time.

MAMMA was a reported pack for about a year. I love it! The Bible goes with Sam. It's the ship's Bible in MTI and the pirates used it to give people The Black Spot.

I agree that Gonzo has to be my favoriet of the entire series.
  6. Hat Sharpener New Member

Scale

Oh - one more thing...

I think that the scale they chose for Rizzo and Pepe is perfect. Not too small, not to big... (assuming the unpainted Rizzo is the real scale) There had been lots of arguments early in the line, and I think it came out just right.

Yes, I had heard about MAMMA, but hadn't seen anything yet.

- Derek
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Click here for Kermit & Rizzo's relative scale.

The issue is that most of the displayed prototypes are overscale versions. These are the right scale. On that note, I believe Pepe will be just like Rizzo but not as thick and his hair makes him a tad taller. :rolleyes:
  8. WiGgY New Member

9. frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! I actually think it's in a place between the two positions we've seen. This one looks down too far. :eek:
  10. MrTheFrog Member

The way Mahna Mahna and the Snowths are being separated, is a very traditional way of releasing toy It insures that you purchase both sets. Similar to how they package Animal with the band stage. He’s a very popular character, and will insure that the playset sells. Including a less desirable figure like Zoot would be “nicer”, but would guarantee that Palisades would lose money. I see nothing wrong with it. Muppet fans of the world, it‘s time to let the moths out of your wallets.
    -Artie
  11. Jeez, I didn't even KNOW about these till muh buddy Quinn emailed me...

Wow.

FIRST of all, I love how, in size ratio to the others, Janice is, like, "Attack of the 50-foot Janice" size. :D

Aside from that, yeah, she's rully skinny, but, that's Janice. I think her hippiness exaggerates that to us---but the way her legs are positioned, that makes the hips look kinda natural.

The hair is too "texturey", and could be a bit longer, and the hat looks a li'l big, and yeah, whoever said her lips are "too concentrated in the center", I totally agree with that.

But she ain't rully bad or anything, just a few tweaks would make her GREAT. :)
  12. C'irdan New Member

figs

Well....here's my thoughts....

Beau looks good...but he needs a bit more variation of coloring on his face-otherwise it's perfect!

Statler and waldorf are good if not a little cartoony...and statler's upper lip is way too big.

Gonzo looks fantastic! The nose is almost perfect...if they just tweak the yellow and make it less shiny it will be insanely accurate. Camilla looks a little to happy and not like her nervous self...but pretty awesome all the same.

The Muppet Newsman looks great...but the short cartoony legs are kind of freaky...maybe just a little bit stockier would be good?

Janice...well...the lips are too big and too bright...she doesn't have teeth, the hair is too light, the hat is way too far down on her head, and she's annorexic...yes the Janice we know is very skinny...but this is a little scary...I think if they dull down her lips and fix the hat and the ugly green belt she'd look great...still she looks about average at this point...a bit dissapointing. Also her mouth should be closed or wide open. Fer Sure.

Pepe's body is spot on...but his eyes are way too round. He has those smug narrow eyes and the little gotee under his chin on the puppet but they are somehow missing on the figure. Colors are great.

Pigs in Space-Link and Strangepork look amazing...Piggy looks like an amateur sculptor did her...they should stay consistent! And the skirt is really wierd...didn't miss piggy wear a pant suit deal like Link and Strangepork? Even if she didn't it looks terrible...and her facial expression looks like she just smoked something very...happy.

Bunsen and Beaker-look really really good!

I'm noticing that the paint ops seem to be slipping in quality...the figures are looking more and more flat and cartoony in color--even in shape actually! Something needs to be done about Statler's body.
  13. WiGgY New Member

Now that I see Janice with her hat down more I love the figure! Her hair could be a little longer but then we wouldn't be able to move her head so it's a function over form type thing. I think all the band members look a little skinny except for Dr. Teeth and Animal. I like the look as long as it is consistent which it is.
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

The paint ops aren't slipping on these - they are prototypes.not the real scale figures. I also find it discouraging that some call the parts they find disappointing "terrible" etc. Absolutely none of these figures is terrible. In my 28 years as an avid Muppet fan I have never seen Muppet product of this quality. To call any of these figures amaterish is going overbard. It definitely beats all the WB and Disney product I've seen. :o
  15. WiGgY New Member

I agree. They al look great. Janice got bashed a lot and I think it was because someone put the hat on wrong when we saw the first picture. Ever since then people have been creating problems with her. I even started to dislike the figure until I saw the hat properly placed. I think the figures are all wonderfully done and these are only prototypes. I can't wait for the real things all painted up with texture and joints and stuff. Ken said that Piggy will get texturized at the factory and the same probably goes for Statler, Waldorf, Beau, Link, Dr. Strangepork, and the rest of the figures that look too smooth right now.
  16. beaker Well-Known Member

Um, let's not kid ourselves, its Sesame Kermit;) 'Koozebane' Kermit was seen in what, a couple of TMS sketches...the same Kermit is seen a billion times in newsreporter garb on Sesame Street. I think its flat out lame EM/TV screwed up the JHC/SW licencing thing...but yeah, we all know hes pulling double duty. Then again I consider Mega Animal, 'Muppet Movie' big head Animal^_^

I just cant get over how excited I am about the Koozebanes, lobsters, and Camilla!!! Man, character packins rule! And PLEASE OH PLEASE let Rizzo be as tiny as possible! A larger Rizzo would just look out of place. Also I really hope the smaller Sam Eagle is the scale they'll use for him.

I will say though, the one sculpt that kind of left me, um less than enthused was Clifford:
    http://207.44.204.78/photos/showphoto.php?photo=560&papass=&sort=1&thecat=513
    I dont doubt for a second the face will rock, but people though Janice looked too human in proportion? Oh boy! Hopefully some major retooling will be given for this guy(as Clifford is one of my all time favorite Muppets!)

But yeah, the sculps ARE ALL astonishing...these are really just too much, and a fans dream come true.

NOW PEOPLE, do you see why I said 2003 would be the coolest Muppet merch ever?
  17. Luke Active Member

Actually not really, to be the coolest Muppet merch year ever you'd need to be bowled over by the amount of Muppet stuff in mainstream stores, new products coming out of the wazzoo, and a blitz of media and promotion to back it up. This, while great, is just one (albeit fantastic) line which is under-promoted and doesnt get enough attention from the big toy stores to make it successful enough - the problem isn't US - it's THEM !. There isnt as much Muppet merchandise coming out this year compared to the previous two and we don't know yet whether the other licenses we know about (Ssssh !) will be of decent quality. Good year ? Yes, Best ever ? I doubt it !

Look back to the entropic days of the mid 80's and you'll find true greatness dude - all the big names supporting the Muppets !. I actually think 2004 will be a lot better than 03 because we'll have the new show airing, and with the Valentine deal going through there'll be a strong JHC prescense at the licensing show this year and they'll probably get a LOT of new deals done there and we'll see the new products debut mid next year in addition to the excellent Palisades stuff. BTW - yeah Clifford is very 'off' indeed, the body looks like one of those Osbournes kubrick things with the stick hands but it's a really early proto.
  18. Gonzo Active Member

19. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Woo!

I'm VERY pleased with the Janice figure!!

I wish I knew how to get my Kermit figure to stand alone like he does in that picture with Rizzo. It seems he DOES have to be knee-knocking to stand up straight. Anybody else find a fix for this? Heat to the legs maybe?

Some of the paints looked 'too' shiny (plastic). Hopefully, those will be dulled a little (ie, Gonzo's tux, GREAT he's coming that way!!)

Do the Koozebane creatures (not the Merdiliwhatevers and the babies) come off their stand?

I cannot wait to get my set of stuff!!

Oh, and is there really going to be a JH figure, or was that just for design submission to the JHC?? If there IS one, I'm going to soil myself right now.

FOZ
  20. Misfit Toy New Member

Janice DOES have teeth...in another pic I noticed this and her hair looked longer. It's an angle thing as Ken has pointed out in the past. Who cares if she looks anorexic...she was made out of foam! :eek: I think it totally looks like her. Certainly captures the spirit, without a doubt.