1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Toy Fair Pics!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Aerosmith, Feb 15, 2003.

1. C'irdan New Member

stuff

For the record, I never said that any of them were terrible and I certainly don't think they are either! In fact these are some of the best figures I've ever seen- pepe needs smaller eyes, Janice needs a bit of color tweaking, clifford needs a new sculpt, and statler needs smaller hands! That's really all of my criticism there. And btw... the reason I have such high standards? I'm an only child. :D

These look nothing less than spectacular!
  2. Aerosmith New Member

3. beaker Well-Known Member

1) Have to reword...BEST Muppet merch year in over a decade. Did you see the Toy Fair pix????? Oh no, theyre not coming out with a bazillion Kermit and Animal items like every year:rolleyes:
    No, theyre coming out with obscure Muppet stuff, and that to me is infinite times cooler than yet more Kermit/Piggy/Animal snoozefest merchandise that weve seen fobbed out on us over the years. I stand by my though...no other year has the sheer freaking volume of obscure to super obscure figures and pvcs, along with those 'hushed' licences coming out.

Did you imply 2004 would see the new show, and not Fall of 2003? Please tell me this isnt true. If the new show doesnt happen in 2003 Im already calling it a dead and wasted year.

finally, yeah that Clifford...YIKES! Doesnt even look like a Muppet figure...I mean I know Janice was pretty darn tall, and remenescent fo something ou tof Jabba's palace(not the features, but the overall tallness), and Newsman's head was much bigger than his body and all...but MAN! Clifford is wayyyyyyyyy off. Looked liked they put an aliens facehugger figure on top of a WWF Vince MCmahon figure!
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well maybe that's why they didn't display him with the rest of the figures. :eek:
  5. Luke Active Member

There's been a rumor they were in the studio at one point a few months ago but i'd hazard a guess that was for a pilot or something. Other than that, they'd need to be in full production pretty soon for a fall air date. It's my guess they'll shoot in the summer and we'll see it early 2004. This year isn't wasted though, the hold is probably that they can make a last minute call on the show once Valentine moves in even though it was green lighted by Fox - and as i said, after that all things will be go and 2004 should be quite a year. They'll use the rest of this year to do the groundwork for that.
  6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

'Round here, taping begins in July for the fall season. That starts in September. Pilots could be different.
  7. Luke Active Member

Yeah they still definitely have some time to make it for fall, but i would be expecting to hear something very soon if thats what they want. The thing is ...... puppet shows are notorious for long delays, massive amounts of editing, taking way longer to shoot - then you got the politics of the network clearing it, the scheduling people finding a place for it, let alone the promotions people agreeing that the time is 'right' and doing their part of the legwork. 'Roseanne' it aint !

I remember ALF took like twice as much studio time as a normal sitcom and they often worked into the night or over-ran into weekends.
  8. radionate New Member

My educated guess is that we will see the show as a mid season replacement in the Spring of '04. That makes the most sense to me in a way, as I might not get so easily lost in the shuffle, and might get more press that way too.
  9. Misfit Toy New Member

Here here!!

Kermit's certainly gotta be my childhood hero (next to Batman...) so I love him to death...but we only need SO MUCH KERMIT!

LOOK at our collections! The Electric Mayhem! Crazy Harry! Lew Zealand! Most of these characters have never even been made in three dimensions before!

My gawd I LOOOVE this line.
  10. WiGgY New Member

Mid-season replacements never do as well as shows that start in the fall for some reason. Probably because in the spring and summer people are out of the house more but in fall and winter they stay in.
  11. MikeWatt New Member

Aaaagh! I'm getting a 404 error on the first link. Does anyone have a working link so I can see these pics?

Please?

Mike Watt
  12. scarecroe Active Member

Unless they're Buffy or Quantum Leap :p
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

The only place I can say (regarding a new show) where JHC failed was that they had TONS of momentum built up for the renewed popularity of the Muppets during MuppetFest and thereafter, and Kermit got a star on the Walk of Fame...but, they're waiting too long, and there will be a lull in the general populace, where there was tons of Muppet-fever (ah!) to capitalize on and now we're going into the down-slope (for the general public, not us freaky Mupheads).

If 2001 or 2002 had held a new Muppet series, they would have been better off...but, they're waiting too long if they wait until 2004, unless they have another MuppetFest which they advertise better or more specials etc.

What do you think?

Otherwise, right now all they're riding on are these fabulous action figures!!
  14. WiGgY New Member

Well that shut me up. lol

I do agree that if they wait too long it will be too late. The only way to have a really successful show in 2004 is to promote the **** out of it! And not on shows like Hollywood Suares. I'm talking Tonight Show, Conan, David Letterman type stuff.
  15. GWGumby New Member

Or The Simpsons...

When the fall heavy hitters fail, they have to put in their second-string back up players or "mid-season replacements." They're usually untested formulas, maybe slightly off the main stream concept or what's currently popular on TV. They're almost always a little more risky. But sometimes the higher the risk, the greater the return if they end up catching on.

I'm just sad when really goofy concept stuff finally makes it to the air, but still never gets a chance. I think "Andy Ricther Controls The Universe" is hilarious and it's quite different from the usualy sitcom. Sadly, it only seems to come on intermittently. I don't even know if and when more episodes are going to air.
  16. Zack the Dog Active Member

Yeah Kevin, and that can't last very long! the action figures will break! just think of kermit holding up all that weight! His legs can't take that!:)
  17. radionate New Member

I Believe a sculpt for him has been made. I've seen a picture too. The link you gave shows nothing though.
  18. That's okay, I've got a link fer a nekkid me...hold on, lemme find it and I'll post it...
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

They're nice guys really, but they got me by the Benjamins... money!