She Gets What She Wants

Misskermie

Reaction score
I...I am speechless in a good way...

Piggy saves money for her kids that don't exist... That's so sweet, I'm not gonna poke you with the nag stick...

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Ooooh! That was brilliant! Independent of Kermie? Sounds like you have a great lead up to the movie! Quick question tho, Will you bring it up to the current time of the movie then explore some more on the frog and pig relationship?:smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ooooh! That was brilliant! Independent of Kermie? Sounds like you have a great lead up to the movie! Quick question tho, Will you bring it up to the current time of the movie then explore some more on the frog and pig relationship?:smile:
Yes, pretty please?

Your Worship

Reaction score
I was actually going to go AU at some point--so the premise will be, what if Piggy had gotten her life together and it had only taken like--two years? Then when Kermit sees that she really can live without him, he'll finally realize that he can't live without her. I honestly believe if Miss Piggy hadn't been in Paris, he'd have caved a lot sooner. He doesn't really want to be without her, he just can't quite reconcile (rationally) being with someone who is so dramatic and brusque and bossy. He often seems embarrassed about being with her, not--as she assumes--because of her so much, but more because he is intensely private and she is definitely not. I think he really cares too much about what other people think.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I was actually going to go AU at some point--so the premise will be, what if Piggy had gotten her life together and it had only taken like--two years? Then when Kermit sees that she really can live without him, he'll finally realize that he can't live without her. I honestly believe if Miss Piggy hadn't been in Paris, he'd have caved a lot sooner. He doesn't really want to be without her, he just can't quite reconcile (rationally) being with someone who is so dramatic and brusque and bossy. He often seems embarrassed about being with her, not--as she assumes--because of her so much, but more because he is intensely private and she is definitely not. I think he really cares too much about what other people think.
I agree, Kermit is a shy little loverfrog aint he?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
ooh- compelling update! Definitely liked the insight into Piggy's desire for children that's independent of her feelings for Kermit- very interesting indeed.

Everyone gets stuck- it happens to the best of us. It'll pass and when it does please write more soon :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Hello my name is Jaz. I would like to introduce you to Topo Sticky, my nag stick. He can do an imitation of you!

Topo: I will write an update right now.

Really Worship? You will? (Heh Heh Heh...)

Your Worship

Reaction score
A dream independent of Kermit…the thought followed her all the way back to her luxurious apartment. Though many of her sessions had caused her to think long and hard about her actions in the past, this was the first one that really made her think about the future. Separating Kermit from her dreams of a family seemed too impossible.

And yet…it would be nice to have someone there—someone to love who could love her back, without the twists and turns of a relationship, someone who did not expect her to forget all about Kermit—as if she could somehow flip a switch and turn it off. I’d have done it years ago. But motherhood, it was something she’d always assumed would just happen to her.

But I’m not the kind of person that lets things happen—I make things happen. And…I want this.

With that decided the rest seemed almost easy. She would have to choose an adoption agency, find a baby that was meant for her…and she wanted to raise her child in America—in Hollywood, in the home she had made for all her dreams.

And if the frog doesn’t like it, well—that’s just too bad.

~~~~~~~

Moving half-way around the world was not something that could be accomplished in the course of a morning, but Piggy could be very industrious when she wanted to, and besides, she had people. A few phone calls and the wheels were in motion—she was looking to transfer or perhaps change jobs, something in Hollywood that paid well and required a minimum amount of effort. Favors were called in, debts delicately alluded to, mutual acquaintances casually mentioned, and in less than a week Piggy had several tantalizing offers on her table.

Finally, when everything was ready to go, down to the packed suitcase sitting by the door of her nearly empty apartment, she finally forced herself to pick up the phone and dial the number she’d long-ago memorized.

~~~~~~

Kermit bent over his desk, his fingers moving laboriously over the keyboard. He missed the old days, where scriptwriting could be done with good old-fashioned pen and paper. In the distance of the hallway the 80’s robot was pointedly vacuuming—the same patch of carpet he’d been working on for the last twenty minutes, Kermit couldn’t help but notice.

He sighed. Of course he would love to take a break, maybe scarf down a dragonfly-and-jelly sandwich, but the script wasn’t going to write itself. He hopped off the chair and strode over to the door.

“Thirty more minutes,” he said firmly, closing it with a definite thud.

Vaguely he was aware of the telephone ringing and the vacuum shutting off. Good, he thought to himself, maybe now I can get some work done.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
OOOOOOOHHHHMMMMMMYYYYYYGONZOOOOOOO!!!! That was an evil cliff hanger and heart rencher!!! But I still love you!:excited: Does Kermit answer, or robot? How will this end??!!