Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hard to tell on this forum of all places whether someone is kidding or not when they say they've watched the movie (probably) 432 times :smile:

Reaction score
Loved the Movie. Finally a good Muppet Movie AFTER Jim's passing. So sad that OZ and The Henson family didn't think so. I figured out why though.

Of course the Henson's didn't like it because it was more about Walter, but That is why it succeeded. We were able to live vicariously through him.

Sorry Brian you are a spoiled little kid who (after watching the Celebrity Apprentice) thinks your as good as your father. Sorry kiddo you are not.

and Frank? We all know why you are upset, because they turned down your script and made this GREAT MOVIE instead.

Would you be surprised that this is now in my TOP three Muppet Movies of all time, and it might even be #2, of course nothing can knock off MTM.

#I am a muppet

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Loved the Movie. Finally a good Muppet Movie AFTER Jim's passing. So sad that OZ and The Henson family didn't think so. I figured out why though.

Of course the Henson's didn't like it because it was more about Walter, but That is why it succeeded. We were able to live vicariously through him.

Sorry Brian you are a spoiled little kid who (after watching the Celebrity Apprentice) thinks your as good as your father. Sorry kiddo you are not.

and Frank? We all know why you are upset, because they turned down your script and made this GREAT MOVIE instead.

Would you be surprised that this is now in my TOP three Muppet Movies of all time, and it might even be #2, of course nothing can knock off MTM.

#I am a muppet
I don't think that's a very nice thing to say about the Henson family or Frank Oz. I actually heard Brian Henson very much enjoyed the film. I've heard different stories on Frank's reasons so I can't give anything concrete. The only thing I heard that was controversial was the "fart shoes" scene. A lot of people felt including the muppeteers that that was cheap humor and that was one thing they never stooped to. Your entitled to your opinion but calling the Henson's spoiled is a little much.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

#I am a muppet
I'm glad you liked the film. I did too! :fanatic:

Did I miss something? :eek: We know that Frank Oz didn't like the original script, but then again, neither did most fans. However, I haven't read anything about Brian Henson disliking the film. In fact, the Henson Company was gracious in allowing Disney to shoot on their lot and they were very excited about promoting the film on Facebook. :confused:

zoebell

Reaction score
i don't think brian henson disliked the film. and i feel that frank oz's disapproval came mostly from his personal feelings about the characters and not liking that total outsiders were sort of taking over what he felt a strong sense of ownership over

i'm sure he feels very strongly about those characters, and it was probably hard to watch them get taken over by new people, so to speak. i think that's what it was, honestly. because i don't see how he could have seen the movie and not seen how loving a tribute it was, in the end. i would still love to know if he ever saw the finished film

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I've seen interviews of Brian Henson saying he liked the film. So I don't know where that's coming from.