New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Walter was an important part in "The Muppets". But you can move on and say Walter was only needed for the story to get Kermit and company back together again in the movie, and that he isn't needed in the next film.

I just don't see the importance of having him back. But this is only my opinion.
But hey if you don't like Walter that's totally fine! I'm sure it'll be a great movie even if your not a big Walter fan! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
But hey if you don't like Walter that's totally fine! I'm sure it'll be a great movie even if your not a big Walter fan! :smile:
I enjoyed Walter a lot, but it would be good to learn from the over-exposure rule that more-or-less states and Clifford and Pepe were over exposed (Clifford as host, and Pepe as MFS main guy).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I liked Walter too! Haha even though Pepe was only in the last film for a mear second he's had more exposure from that clip cause they show it so many times in interviews. Lol!

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Walter was an important part in "The Muppets". But you can move on and say Walter was only needed for the story to get Kermit and company back together again in the movie, and that he isn't needed in the next film.

I just don't see the importance of having him back. But this is only my opinion.
An opinion I agree with. Walter was created FOR "The Muppets". His character is basically the plot device that drives the plot. I don't see how his "Wow, the Muppets are so cool! Golly Gee! Your fans love you! I'm gonna pass out now since I'm in Kermit's presence!" shtick is really something that's going to sustain the character appearing over and over. He worked in this one movie. I don't see how they can keep going with this character and not make it feel like they're repeating what they've already done.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is is even storyline wise in the new movie it's gonna be something that's already been done. And I'm just saying what Nicholas said the last time he was asked about the new movie was Walter is gonna a big part with obviously no surprise Kermit being the centre.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...I think its a little different than bring back, say, Joe Snow who WAS created as a one (or two) gag character. Whereas, Walter has many facets to his character. He's a complete geek, for example, which could be a better source of "geek" jokes than always using Scooter (who is actually more organised, than geekish). Walter is also a huge fan of Marvel, for example, and is an overly excitable, passionate and devoted fan of...whatever it is he becomes a fan of. In the same way that Gonzo is devoted to art regardless of the outcome, Walter is devoted to fandom regardless of outcome.

catherine

Reaction score
I like walter so yes I would like to see him in the new film.

Status
Not open for further replies.