New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think we should just be happy another one is coming out...at least I know I am! Despite my reservations at first. :big_grin:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That has to be the studio's idea, trying to crank out a sequel as fast as possible. Problem with this is it's going to be over kill. Best to have a new movie in the works and come out sometime in 2014, that way the audience will be asking for another muppet movie at the same time, and the timing will be right.

Having a movie come out in the summertime isn't going to be something that is going to be good. If were a studio head, I'd push the movie for a September opening, that way all the summer movies have come and gone, and the movie would have a chance to make some money. If I were a studio head.
Disney did want another movie out by next summer of 2013 but Nicholas and James said that realisitcally that's unlikely to happen so were probably looking at another Thanksgiving/Christmas release again.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Disney did want another movie out by next summer of 2013 but Nicholas and James said that realisitcally that's unlikely to happen so were probably looking at another Thanksgiving/Christmas release again.
I can see them saying that. Having a nice two year gap would be fine. However, being how studios are with sequels of movies, I would have waited until 2014 for a release. Maybe in the month of March release. Sounds like a good time to release a movie.

I heard the writers are going to have Walter in the movie.....Meh. He was fine in the last movie as the guy trying to get the muppets back together. However, he's kind of a bland character. Best to let him stay in the last movie and move foward.

The next thing, "The Muppets 2". I hope that's just a working title. The second muppet movie was The Great Muppet Caper.

Third, the film is going to be a caper movie? The aforementioned caper flick was mentioned in what I wrote above. But this is in the early stages of development, so anything can come and go.

All I can say is the Electric Mayhem better have a song to sing.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can see them saying that. Having a nice two year gap would be fine. However, being how studios are with sequels of movies, I would have waited until 2014 for a release. Maybe in the month of March release. Sounds like a good time to release a movie.

I heard the writers are going to have Walter in the movie.....Meh. He was fine in the last movie as the guy trying to get the muppets back together. However, he's kind of a bland character. Best to let him stay in the last movie and move foward.

The next thing, "The Muppets 2". I hope that's just a working title. The second muppet movie was The Great Muppet Caper.

Third, the film is going to be a caper movie? The aforementioned caper flick was mentioned in what I wrote above. But this is in the early stages of development, so anything can come and go.

I think it's good to clear up now that "Caper" is just a loose term. It just means that's the type of humor were gonna be seeing in the next film it does NOT mean the storyline is gonna be like GMC. The last I heard of the storyline Walter is gonna play a signifigant role and it's gonna shift back to Kermit and Piggy. Which is no surprise. It's been a running gag here because the last we heard they had 13 pages of a script outlined but yes storylines go through a lot of changes before being green lit. So we more then likely won't hear anything more till the beginning of next year. But we are more then likely looking at a 2013 release.

Also you can't really have Walter just go away whether you like him or not he is a Muppet.

Powerstars

Reaction score

Not the caper thing again...I thought it was clear that “caper” is a loose term

Status
Not open for further replies.