New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstars

Reaction score
Only thing I can tell you is is I've been keeping up with the interviews they did so far in London while promoting the DVD and Kermit has bascially said the same thing they know their set to do a new movie and hoping they'll start shooting either early next year or sometime next year. They were asked if they knew anything about the plot and they said no. So either they know more then their allowed to tell or they really just don't know. I have a feeling they just don't know because it is still really, really, really, early. Of course Pepe joked that he was writing and directing the new movie. Lol!
Speaking of Pepe, I hope there's more of him in it.

catherine

Reaction score
ohh I do hope so. I would love another muppet movie. I hope they do a new muppet show.

bandit

Reaction score
AGREED! ^_^ It's good to see their comeback. I'm eager to see the direction they take this one in, oh yes!

catherine

Reaction score
I hope they let the fans know, when it's on the tv, it will mean that the uk will see it after america does.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Yay for another Muppet film! But, Summer 2013? That sounds like a bit of a rush job. I'd rather they take their time and do it right rather than rush a film out while the Muppets are hot.
That has to be the studio's idea, trying to crank out a sequel as fast as possible. Problem with this is it's going to be over kill. Best to have a new movie in the works and come out sometime in 2014, that way the audience will be asking for another muppet movie at the same time, and the timing will be right.

Having a movie come out in the summertime isn't going to be something that is going to be good. If were a studio head, I'd push the movie for a September opening, that way all the summer movies have come and gone, and the movie would have a chance to make some money. If I were a studio head.

Status
Not open for further replies.