Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just was looking at comments on a TMS episode...someone's three favorite characters include Miss Poggy...

I dunno if they were going for Miss Piggy or Miss Poogy, but regardless, that's pretty pathetic...
Might have been a typo. After all, the "O" is pretty close to the "I" on keyboards.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow! I would never ever say the p word. Ugh! That is a secret for all of them. Gosh! Her name is "Miss Piggy." What is wrong with you, non-Muppet fans. She's not married, even though she believes she sort of is to the frog. And gosh! Come on! We always say that sometimes our relationships get complicated.
Actually Piggy admitted when she was on Jimmy Kimmel last year that her and Kermit aren't married.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I have to say I HATE when people call them "puppets" I mean I know Jim used to call them that all the time but I just have a problem with other people saying it. Lol! Or I really dislike when their on a talk show and I've seen people comment "they must feel really silly talking to puppets" I'm like "THEIR REAL!" :rolleyes:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I have to say I HATE when people call them "puppets" I mean I know Jim used to call them that all the time but I just have a problem with other people saying it. Lol! Or I really dislike when their on a talk show and I've seen people comment "they must feel really silly talking to puppets" I'm like "THEIR REAL!" :rolleyes:
Agreed. And that line in "Muppets' Wizard of Oz", 'You're auditioning for the Muppets, the most powerful puppets in Hollywood.', a lazy piece of writing that really makes me cringe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I actually think that line had some clever hidden double meaning to it... sure, it blatantly references that the Muppets are actually puppets (then again, all Muppet movies have been known for meta references, breaking the fourth wall, destroying the fourth wall, moving on and breaking the fifth wall, etc), but when you think about it, it's also kind of a jab at Hollywood in general... you know how they say politics are full of "puppets"? Well, Hollywood's full of 'em too.

MuppetJanice

Reaction score
I also have a shirt that is mistakenly thought of as Big Bird, when it is quite obviously Wembley Fraggle. I can see how it's mistaken I suppose, but when surrounded by Gobo, Mokey, Red, and Boober, most irritating. :sigh:

Hubert

Reaction score
I also have a shirt that is mistakenly thought of as Big Bird, when it is quite obviously Wembley Fraggle. I can see how it's mistaken I suppose, but when surrounded by Gobo, Mokey, Red, and Boober, most irritating. :sigh:
You're being too nice to those people. Mistaking Big Bird for Wembley? That's practically a criminal offense? How do you even relate the two? Big Bird is a yellow and feathery bird, while Wembley has no feathers present, and is yellow, but very slightly. How could the two even compare?