Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Thank You Jerry, you are one of the many who inspired me to chace my dreams, Though I never got the chance to know you, like so many unsung heroes of my childhood, I will aways love you as one of the vast family off puppeteer I now consider myself a part off, like those who have gone before you, you will be remember, a sadlly missed.

zns

Reaction score
Well, we've known Jerry was on his way out for a few years now. Matt is probably prepared to take over the role of the Count. I'm sure he'll do fine. :batty:
I agree one hundred percent. Matt managed to do many of Jerry's characters in recent years, with the exception of the Count. I don't think it should be much of an issue for him but I certainly hope that he will be okay with it. Of course, Jerry's family will have to have a say in this matter as well.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I found out about Jerry's passing late last night and I didn't sleep well at all. I know he had struggled with health problems in the last few years but it was just a shock to hear that he had died. I don't know if many of you are big Disney buffs but Walt Disney had nine core animators that produced many of the original full length movies. These men were affectionately called "The Nine Old Men". For along time, there was only two left and they passed away within a few years of each other. Thinking of that reminds me of what us Muppet fans will endure in the years to come. With Jim, Richard, and now Jerry gone, it doesn't leave many original Muppet puppeteers left from Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. Even though the voices can be replaced, the magic each original Muppet performer had is irreplaceable.

RIP Mr. Nelson.... thank you for the many laughs and joy you brought to my life as a kid. You will be missed. :sing::fishy::smirk::cluck::crazy::busy:

wiley207

Reaction score
I woke up and checked my mail on my Mac and surprisingly saw that Jerry Nelson died. My reaction was like this from 2:42 to 2:45.

I know that this video doesn't relate to Jerry Nelson or The Muppets but seriously, it was my reaction to his death.
Hey, so did I! Checked the email on my MacBook, and made a similar reaction!