1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

This has been a terrible weekend for passings for me. First Jerry and this morning we found out my husbands aunt past away this morning. :(
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

You know what, it's "Count with The Count Day" on the Sesame Street website in honor of Jerry Nelson's passing. :batty:
    http://www.sesamestreet.org

Check this out.
  3. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Oh my gosh...I'm not even a minute into that and already I'm cracking up. What a hoot!

-Kim
  4. FrackleFan2012

5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

This is such sad news. I couldn't think of anything to say.
    I had a letter I was going to send to Jerry. It makes me so sad to think now that my letter is pretty much usless now since Jerry's gone.
    I'm thinking of sending a letter to his family wishing them my condolences and how sad I am that Jerry left us. Sesame just won't be the same without him. :(

Pinky, that is really sad news. I'm sorry to hear that :(
    I haven't been having such a great few days. Lots of stuff has been happening since I got back, Jerry's passing on top of it...it made me cry a little.
    My condolences to you and your family, it must be really hard around your house these days, and the normal escape into the Muppet world doesn't really work right now, with Jerry's unforuanate death.
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Thank you so much that means a lot to me. And I'm sure my husband will appericate your condolences as well. And your right normally that's my escape when something bad happens is I watch The Muppets but I can't really use that right now...It really has not been a good weekend. So many people have past away this year. I'm sorry your having a rough time as well. But hope you had a great time while at camp.
  7. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Hey I am so sorry to hear about your husband's aunt this morning.
    Everything will be alright! :smirk:
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Very sad news, yes. I have to reflect that this may be a growing trend...after all, a lot of the original Muppeteers are getting up there now...NO I don't wish it anytime soon, but am resigned to the ravages of time on people I admire.

RIP Jerry. You were one of the best ever.

--------------
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Thank you. And like I just said usually The Muppets is my escape to when something bad happens or has me down but that's not really a good escape right now either. :( I feel more bad for my husband and his dad right now. It was his dad's side of the family. Unfortunately I don't know hardly anyone on that side I know more people on his mom's. So I didn't even know who she was when he told me. Sorry I feel like I'm derailing on what this thread is really about. But it's been a sad time. :/
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I had a pretty good time at camp, thanks for asking.
    I'm having a bit of a hard time back though, mainly things that haved involved the online Muppet fan world, I think you might know about one that happened.
    I'm trying to use my usual escape by watching the Muppet Show, but each time I hear Jerry's voice...it's just too hard.
  11. Collgoff

It must of been hard!
  12. Pinkflower7783

Ehh death is never an easy thing to swallow and we all grieve in different ways and I don't mean just crying. Sometimes we joke, listen to music, draw, make videos or whatever we all have our own ways of dealing with things and that's ok. :) I'm starting to come to grips with Jerry being gone and while it is not easy right now I do take comfort in knowning he is no longer suffering. He is more free now then he ever was on this earth. And the smile on his face when he saw Jim and Richard and vice versa was probably like one big reunion. Makes me wonder if they sang "Together Again, gee it's good to be together again" :)
  13. Pinkflower7783

I know I've been wanting to watch The Muppets really bad but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Even the recent film I can't bring myself to watch because his voice is in it. That scene where Kermit is walking through the theater and you hear Jerry's voice from Veterinarian's Hospital and Pigs in Space is gonna be very emotional for me now when I watch it. I already cry enough as it is in that movie towards the end. Lol.
  14. Collgoff

I think so but the Muppets aren't going to be the same without Jerry!
  15. Pinkflower7783

The Muppets are never gonna be the same period but you know we'll deal with it and we'll find ways so that they can live on forever. The spirit of the originals will always be there. Even when I watch Kermit despite it's Steve now and don't get me wrong I love Steve. I still see Jim's spirit.
  16. Collgoff

Yeah I know what you mean!
  17. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I am sorry for your lost, I know how it feels to lose someone close to you.
  18. FrackleFan2012

19. floyd<3janice

floyd<3janice Well-Known Member

It's so sad to hear that another great muppet performer is gone.
    Floyd, Robin and the Count are some if my favourite muppets.
    Jerry was the one who created their personalities and made them who they are.
    RIP Jerry Nelson
  20. Collgoff

Yes it is!