1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

2. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  3. FrackleFan2012

Yup! It sure is!
  4. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Yeah I knew they should put color in the picture!
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I feel bad about Jerry's passing, but I do like seeing all the Robin avatars around the forum. And also all the fan art.
  6. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Jerry Nelson was a voice from my childhood. I could always recognize whenever he did a character with that jolly sounding voice of his. Before I heard of the name Jerry Nelson, I noticed that Robin and Gobo almost sounded alike. It was later when I learned about each Muppeteer, I found out who Jerry's characters were. May you rest in peace, Jerry. Thank you for giving us a long lifetime of talent.
    TheWeirdoGirl and Yorick like this.
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Now I finally have a good avatar.

First of all, Robin! My gosh not only is he cute, Jerry gave him the personally as a five year old frog with imagination. "Halfway Down the Stairs" was always my favorite and Jim's, but this song does make me cry sometimes.

Next, Floyd! Seriously, he is a cool Muppet rock star which I really love. I loved Jerry's laugh from his cool dude and he would always make me laugh.

Gobo! Who else would be a great explorer and downright smart sometimes? Okay maybe a little confused on math, but seriously I grew up with Fraggle Rock and I even had a crush on him when I was a little girl. When I got older, I realized that this character would be Jerry's last popular character even done.

Now he has passed on! There are not only one or two, but three lost souls who had the same man they could trust. So, they got each other.

He will be deeply missed! Thank you for encouraging me Vincent! Last week I thought really was a sad week. (sighs!)
    Collgoff and MissMusical12 like this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I wasn't close to her I don't even know who she was. I don't know any of the people on my husband's father's side. I don't know how close my husband was with her but yes it's sad either way. This might sound heartless but I'm taking Jerry's death worse then her's. But thank you for your condolences.
  9. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Okay. Sorry if I offended you. ;)
  10. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

It's all-right, I understand.
  11. BooberFraggle

BooberFraggle New Member

Jerry meant a lot to all of us. We all grew up with him and the characters he brought to life. Here's a short video I produced of my characters saying goodbye to the man, the Muppet, the legend.

Thanks, Jerry. Say "hi" to Jim for us.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. FrackleFan2012

Here's another version of "Halfway Down the Stairs" that was performed in The Top of The Pops in 1977.
  13. FrackleFan2012

Here's Reuben of The Gorilla Blog Spot talking about the death of Jerry Nelson. This was made by Puppestry Productions.
    Yorick likes this.
  14. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

This almost brought me to tears...:cry: Absolutely beautiful...
    Skeeter Muppet likes this.
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Thank you for finding the Top of the Pops version, I never seen that.
    It feels much better than the TMS version, Robin feels more in character, and looks more like Robin.
    MissMusical12 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Okay, I sent my tribute idea to you guys! By the way, what do you think about my idea above? :crazy:
  17. Pinkflower7783

Why did you quote your own post?
  18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Am I being too demanding? Sorry 'bout that, Pinkflower! I thought people would respond to this. People usually reply to ideas. :insatiable:
  19. Pinkflower7783

No apologies needed was just curious.
  20. FrackleFan2012

Here's a video of The Count counting down to the launch of Slimey in Space.

I think this would pay tribute to Neil Armstrong, too.
    HeyButtahfly and MissMusical12 like this.