1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I find all of this stuff on websites like Youtube, Deviantart, and Tumblr. Then, I type in "Jerry Nelson" to find those results.
  2. FrackleFan2012

Here's a tribute video of The Count counting the voices of Jerry Nelson. This was made by Deparrie.
  3. FrackleFan2012

Here's a video posted by The Jim Henson Foundation of a audio clip of Jerry Nelson reading "It's Not Easy Being Green" in Gobo Fraggle's voice.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  4. FrackleFan2012

Here's the link to The Count's interview for BBC Radio 4's More or Less from December 11, 2009. :batty:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19410960

I'm not sure if Jerry Nelson actually did the puppetry for The Count during this interview or if Jerry just spoke in The Count's voice.
  5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

FrackleFan2012 said:

Uh...I think the video's a misnomer, Frackleman. :smirk: Is there anyway to correct that?
  6. FrackleFan2012

I don't understand what you meant, theSHE124.
    Is it all my fault?
    Which video is a misnomer?
  7. FrackleFan2012

I made the correction.
    Here's a video posted by The Jim Henson Foundation of an audio clip of Jerry Nelson reading a quote by Gobo Fraggle from the book, "It's Not Easy Being Green".

Is that much better, theSHE124?
  8. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Oh! I thought it was something else! I do have that book! It was given to me as a birthday present, and I'm drawing my own picture in it. :)
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  9. Skeeter 2 B

Skeeter 2 B New Member

I what to thank you all for your posts. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in feeling the way I do. Nobody around me understands how or why the death of someone I never met or even knew breaks my heart the way it does. I barley understand it myself. I just know my heart holds a very special place for Jim Henson and all his puppeteers. They are all loving people, people who I think mirror my own heart. People I think would understand me if I just had the chance to met them. I'm a sensitive person and have struggle with being this way all my life. The world thinks men are supposed to be a cretin way. I've always had a big heart, and so did Jim, Richard, and Jerry. You can see that in all that they did in their lives. I had hoped to met them someday, but will never get that chance. They taught the world so much, and I just wanted to personal thank them for that, and I beg you if by any chance any of the other remaining Henson Company performers comes across this post to E-Mail, so that I might get that chance that I never had with Jerry, Richard, and Jim. The loss of Jerry has been tearing me up for almost a week now. I miss him and feel so alone in that grief, but reading threw these posts, even though I have no one to talk to about it I know I'm not alone in my feelings. Thank you all again. :jim::smirk:;)
  10. FrackleFan2012

Herry Monster feels "Sad, Sad, Sad".
    theSHE124 likes this.
  11. FrackleFan2012

You to, Skeeter 2 B.
    I miss Jerry Nelson, too.
    He taught us how to count and how to catch the tail by the tiger.
    To me, he was one of the greatest legendary Muppet performers of all-time.
    As said by the Trash Heap, "You Cannot Leave the Magic."
    :batty::smirk::sing::cluck::fishy::search:
  12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

You would think that Sesame Street would finally release that storyline on DVD already.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  13. FrackleFan2012

Yeah. I hope they would.
    It's surprising that Sesame Workshop never released any of the Slimey in Space episodes on DVD or on iTunes yet.
  14. FrackleFan2012

15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Awwww, that's so cute! Makes me wanna cry, too!! :cry:
  16. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

He had the best pipes of all the Muppeteers!
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  17. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Message I get:
    "This video contains content from Lionsgate, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Yes, I live in the USA. Videos are illegal here for some odd reason in the USA if Lionsgate owns rights to it and they are very strict about it. :smirk:
  18. FrackleFan2012

19. FrackleFan2012

20. FrackleFan2012