1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

2. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

It's too bad they don't include this site, and specifically all the outpouring on this thread, and/or the Muppet Central Radio all-Jerry tribute days. Those Tough Pigs people think they're so great, getting such attention. No need to inflate their egos any more than they are.

-Squigiman
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Now now. That's hardly the spirit of this thread, Mr Squigi. I think they got linked because they have been posting a lot of articles as well as forum chatter, whereas this is more forum chat than anything. I have no doubt that friends and family of Mr Nelson have been here and see our outpouring just as much as the others.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  4. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Fair enough. I just have had some bad interactions with some people from that site, in the past, and I'd like this one to be on the same level of more mass recognition, as the vibe is much more positive, nurturing, supportive, and even familial, when compared to the sometimes seemingly holier-than-thou "Muppet fans who grew up". Sorry to put any negativity in this thread. Certainly don't want to derail the outpouring of sincerity that I appreciate about this site and forum.

-Squigiman
  5. FrackleFan2012

6. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Also, to be clear, Beau, I was at least half-joking with the comment you quoted. They do probably think they're so great, all the same, though.

-Squigiman
    Beauregard likes this.
  7. FrackleFan2012

8. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I miss Jerry. He died the day I went back to school...
  9. FrackleFan2012

Here's Bang and Bumper's tribute to Jerry Nelson. This video was made by HulGreen Productions.
    Phillip likes this.
  10. FrackleFan2012

Aaaw... I'm sorry to hear that. :cry:
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with what someone said on here this was like May 16, 1990 all over again...:cry:
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Yeah! He died that night when I was asleep and well...yeah I dreamnt about his characters. Gosh! I will still miss him a lot.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Oh man there's no way I could watch that right now without bawling my eyes out. He had such a wonderful voice. :(
  14. Pinkflower7783

Because there is way too much for me to look through to see if this has been posted or not so if it has my apologies but this was one of my favorites with Jim and Jerry.
    Tom Fraggle and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  15. FrackleFan2012

Yup. Me too.
  16. FrackleFan2012

Here's a tribute drawing to Jerry Nelson made by Jon Esparza.
    [​IMG]
  17. FrackleFan2012

Here's another tribute drawing but this time, it's made by Barbara Barac.[​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 and MissMusical12 like this.
  18. FrackleFan2012

Here's Gobo Fraggle's "Petals of a Rose", uploaded by the Jim Henson Company.

Thank goodness it's not going to be taken down.
  19. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I really wanted to cry....that was beautiful. :cry:
  20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

What a wonderful choice from Henson to post that song. Sums up Jerry's passing perfectly.