American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, the guy with the glasses and the blue-haired girl were really good. I also really liked the guy whose voice surprised them, the one whose father didn't encourage him. Did you end up showing up at all on there, Andy? I watched it with my best friend and we taped it, then went back and isolated where we think it showed Hayes Moses. He was on for 5-10 seconds maybe, a black guy in a green shirt whose arm poked out of the door and then he came leaping out of the room where he was met by equally enthusiastic family members. I was bummed that they didn't feature him, but hopefully they'll show a bit more of him in Hollywood. Are there more auditions next week, or does Hollywood start Tuesday?
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think Hollywood starts on Tuesday, and no--unfortunately, I was not to be seen in Cleveland. If you extended the TV set to the right during one of the crowd shots, and then got out binoculars, maybe...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
That's a bummer Andy, but I feel your pain as I wasn't seen on the Las Vegas show.......I'm really not into the show this year as I CANNOT believe that they'd let people like the mime through and not people like us...

I hope the Hollywood Shows are better than what these audition shows have been.....

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, the guy from Erie didn't make it. I guess he was in one of the rooms that got cut last night, though I looked for him and didn't see him. I was really disappointed because in the paper the day before they said a source said he was in the top 45. I wish they at least would have featured him at some point and shown him singing, even just for a few seconds. He made it pretty far, but he didn't get any exposure at all...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Well, the guy from Erie didn't make it. I guess he was in one of the rooms that got cut last night, though I looked for him and didn't see him. I was really disappointed because in the paper the day before they said a source said he was in the top 45. I wish they at least would have featured him at some point and shown him singing, even just for a few seconds. He made it pretty far, but he didn't get any exposure at all...
Erin
That's too bad--I guess they shoot a lot of footage and then focus on the people they know are making it through, as well as the people with the most moments of drama. Maybe the guy from Erie was just a nice, well-adjusted person who didn't cause a lot of trouble?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like he didn't stand out to much. He was allowed to talk to the press today and he said he was disappointed and most of the other contestants seemed to think he was going through, but he said it was a good experience. It makes sense that they would focus mainly on the people who they know are in the semi-finals so people know something about them by that point, though there always seem to be a couple who show up in the semi-finals who I've never seen before. Tamyra and Latoya both threw me for a loop. I'm sad that Hayes didn't make it, but as long as Anthony and Anwar are in I'm happy.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So, this week's eliminations... I thought they were mostly pretty fair. That first girl who got voted off had a pretty good voice, though, and sang much better in the results show than she did the night before. The performance that actually got her voted off was pretty off-key, but she sounded really good the next night. Too bad. There are a lot of good people this year, though.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, the people this year are pretty talented. Nobody I really liked went this week, though I felt bad for Judd with that switcheroo. And everybody having to stand up there and listen to speculation as to why they didn't get enough votes to go through. That would be lousy. I'm still not sure about this half-and-half gender thing. I think the guys are better than the girls.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, we really didn't like the way they did the result show. It was pretty manipulative, moreso than usual. I guess that's what happens when they need to stretch it out to an hour. Why can't they just run a 10-minute result show on the evening news or something?