American Idol

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Just thought I'd revive this thread as the 5th season gets underway and see what everyone thinks so far.

I only started watching last season, but I'm into it I guess. I really only watch it because my wife L:flirt:VES it. As long as Constantine Moron-oulis isn't in this one, it'll be a good one. :wink:

I know it's still early on, but so far I haven't seen any personality jump out at me (except that southern girl from the south who's dad is in prison). I will say that the one girl who's grandmother is the famous singer that Randie liked and the dude with the shaved head and cowboy hat from last week are my two favorite so far. Thoughts?

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I really really liked the southern girl, her personality and poise really said a lot for her. The other girl you mentioned, I was totally shocked when she talked and then when she sung.....Oh my goodness....it blew me away...I would have NEVER imagined she could sing like that after hearing her talk. I didn't see last week so I don't know about that...but the Military dude last night was good and the other guy who sang the Rascal Flats song that made it was good too. The one guy (Sammy), dancing all over the floor kinda scared me and that one girl at the very end.........Rhonna or something like that....it was rediculous! She was all mouth and trash talk until she walked in there and then.......duh....she went all stupid.
Over all we had a really good laugh last night....can't wait till tonights show!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The only two I found to be worthy is that southern girl living with her grandfather since her dad is in prision and her mother took off when she was little, and also the girl who's mother is famous. Both those girls were aird in last nights episode.

However, I'm just watching the show because I'm bored, although I should have turned on to watch the president show with Gena Davis in it.

I don't really watch American Idol because I find it ironic that people who vote for these people to make it all the way are probably the same people who lsiten to all the crap radio stations play now a days.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I really like those two girls, and I thought a few others were also pretty impressive. I'm interested in the cowboy even though his audition was pretty awful. Simon sees something in him, and there's definitely a sweet naivete about him. I want to see if he actually has a really nice voice when he's not so nervous. Anyway, I'm hooked on American Idol - have been since the beginning. And I'll always love it for introducing the world - and me - to Clay... :flirt:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I liked that girl, and the girl with the famous grandmother from last night. Also, that cowboy kid is great! I think he just needs some more practice, but I hope he'll find a chance to shine. He's got such an endearing personality that it makes me want to see him succeed. Plus, his shirt had kind of a "Country Western Captain Picard" kind of thing going on, so there is that...

:smile:

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Nothing on last nights show grabbed at me. Although I was having to help study for a math test for today so it didn’t have my full attention.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think those fights between Simon and his co stars are staged. That's what grabbed me from last nights show.

I still can't believe the booted that blond girl who sang some opera, and then sang some pop. If american Idol was about opera, she'd win. Not to many people can pull off opera, not even all those super stars who sing regular music that radio stations play.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was surprised that they didn't let the opera girl through. She obviously had the voice, and I'm sure she could pull off pop if they'd given her more of a chance. And I hate it when they make this big thing about having to sound "contemporary." What does that mean, anyway? There are all sorts of different musical styles alive and well today, and you don't have to sound like Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake to be a recording success. Look at Josh Groban and Charlotte Church, for instance. I don't know. It just irritates me...
Erin

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with everybody else that the girl whose dad is in prison and the girl with the famous mother/grandmother? are the favorites so far. And the cowboy is an interesting story. I think at this stage he is still a little raw but he could come back next year with a little work and development. I think the judges took him to Hollywood more as a goodwill jesture to him so he could fly on a plane and see the world. I am definetely rooting for him!

F

furryredmonster

I really liked how they let the cowboy make it to the next round. I thought that was so nice! :smile:

My family only watches the show for the auditions since they are funny.