American Idol

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I was surprised that they didn't let the opera girl through. She obviously had the voice, and I'm sure she could pull off pop if they'd given her more of a chance. And I hate it when they make this big thing about having to sound "contemporary." What does that mean, anyway? There are all sorts of different musical styles alive and well today, and you don't have to sound like Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake to be a recording success. Look at Josh Groban and Charlotte Church, for instance. I don't know. It just irritates me...
Erin
The judges told her she just didn't have the "pop" voice. Is that what music is now a days, just pop? If I went on that show, and if I could sing, I'd be singing old rock songs from bands like Boston or The Doors before I'd sing something that came out a couple of years ago or five or so years ago. Now those guys knew how to rock, and I've listened to their music and have seen their videos. Great stuff.

And yes, I don't care for the contest either, but I like to watch the auditions because I like to see people make fools out of themselves.

ryan

Vic Romano

Reaction score
You can always tell a good singer by their humility and a bad one by their arrogance. That's the formula for these contestants before they even open their mouths to sing.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the "quiet confidence" factor. Of course, there have been a couple of blowhards in the past two weeks who ended up having pretty decent voices. That married guy who made Paula dance with him, for example... But for the most part, I think you're absolutely right about the attitude thing.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
So do they get a free plane ticket to Hollywood if they go through, then? :confused:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
So do they get a free plane ticket to Hollywood if they go through, then? :confused:
Erin
I'm pretty sure they do. So, if nothing else, they get some TV time and a free trip. In the words of one briefly famous contestant, "Not too shabby."

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That would be horrible if American Idol didn't give those people a plane ticket to go out to Hollywood. Some of those people may not have that much money.

Randy: Your performance today was amazing. I say yes.
Paula: Loved your singing. You have talent. Yes.
Simon: Definitely yes. I think you might be the next american idol.
Randy: Welcome to Hollywood!
Contestant: Ya, alright, woohoo!!!!!!!

*Contestant jumps around for joy and then calms down*

Contestant: So does this mean you guys are paying for my plane trip and hotel to Hollywood?
Randy: Oh dawg, I'm sorry. You have to pay for everything.
Conestant: But you said I might be the next american idol.
Simon: Well you could have been if you were to be in Hollywood. But if you can't afford to get there, then I guess it sucks to be you then. If you had the money, you could have gone to Hollywood, and who knows, you might have made it all the way to the end and would have got a record contract and that would have gave you millions of dollars and you would have been rich.
Contestant: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan

Frogster

Reaction score
Why did Simon Cowell walk out the other night? My boss was telling me about it cuz I work when it's on.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
That would be horrible if American Idol didn't give those people a plane ticket to go out to Hollywood. Some of those people may not have that much money.

Randy: Your performance today was amazing. I say yes.
Paula: Loved your singing. You have talent. Yes.
Simon: Definitely yes. I think you might be the next american idol.
Randy: Welcome to Hollywood!
Contestant: Ya, alright, woohoo!!!!!!!

*Contestant jumps around for joy and then calms down*

Contestant: So does this mean you guys are paying for my plane trip and hotel to Hollywood?
Randy: Oh dawg, I'm sorry. You have to pay for everything.
Conestant: But you said I might be the next american idol.
Simon: Well you could have been if you were to be in Hollywood. But if you can't afford to get there, then I guess it sucks to be you then. If you had the money, you could have gone to Hollywood, and who knows, you might have made it all the way to the end and would have got a record contract and that would have gave you millions of dollars and you would have been rich.
Contestant: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan
ROFL!