1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

¡Viva la Puntuación!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, May 1, 2008.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

It has come to the attention of me and many other forum members that the use of the punctuation marks "?" and "!" in succession with each other or putting two of either of them one after the other will swiftly edit the post to display only one of said punctuation. Quite frankly we find this annoying.

We want to be free to exclaim our sheer excitement for a new Muppet project or question intensely the motives of The Muppets Holding Company! We want to be able to rave about our friend's fan-fiction stories with more emotion than a single "!"! We want to ask fan-fiction writers how they could put the Muppets in such a tortuous situation and why more chapters have yet to be posted! We want the freedom of exclamation!

I hereby declare this the Punctuation Revolution! Come my people, raise your question marks high!

¡Viva la Punctuation!
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Rally the troops, bring out the ellipsises, hand over the asterixs! Punctuation, this is a call to war! *grabs handfull of &'s, $'s and )'s*

But seriously (Serious? Aha!) it is annoying only being able to exclaim or question in a singular fashion...

¡Viva la Punctuation!
  3. theprawncracker

*draws ! from belt* We shall go to war then! Onward troops, to the battlefront! We'll strike them in the Puppetry Section, Muppet Babies, Bear in the Big Blue House, and the Henson People board most of all!

Come my brothers! Now is the time to fight for what you truly believe in! Exclamation!

¡Viva la Punctuation!
  4. Beauregard

Question! Exclaim? Do not deny!

*pokes at Sesame section with upside down (*

¡Viva la Punctuation!
  5. theprawncracker

Leave no thread left un-punctuated! Let all of the members feel the wrath of lack-of exclamation in their daily posting habits! "?" everything, "!" to all! & don't forget to take the $ @ their banks!

¡Viva la Punctuation!
  6. Beauregard

*dials C for Cows, P for Poptarts, and G for Golden Girls* I sense a war is starting that will not be settled with words...this is a war that can only be settled with Punctuation Points! Ladies, Gentlemen, rip apart your typewritters and start loading your ladels with '!'s and '?'s, for before this day is out...La Punctuation shall be Vivaed!
  7. theprawncracker

Throw your ladels to the sticking place my brothers and sisters! Fetch me the penguin cannon aresenal so that we may load THEM with the vehement force of thousands of "!"'s and "?"'s! This war shall end in victory for us, and yes, La Punctuation shall indeed be Vava'd!
  8. Beauregard

Viva volla volovons, my friend...Aha! Appears the Elipsis remain unscathed...If the multi-dot can remain, why not the multi-point and the multi-mark? Bring forth the Almighty $

VLP!
  9. theprawncracker

Yes, Almighty $ guide us in our fight against the lack-of multi-punctuated forums! Save this place from it's distraught realm where single punctuation is a horrid reality! We emplore you to free us from these brackets! No, not [ ], keep those! They are our friends!

VivLaPunc!
  10. Beauregard

Hold the fight a moment, while I set £ on a ship over from England...he should be there in a week or so...That's the kind of heavy-weight action we need, the 'Pound' as he was known in his wrestling league...

It's hard to have a revolution filled with ravenous exclaimations without actually having three or more exclaimations!

PunkLeVive!
  11. theprawncracker

Indeed it is! I can't truly express my feelings for this matter with a single "!"! I need to at least double up! *puts MC muffin supply in [ ]* There, we've taken away the resource that feeds this place, we'll have victory in no time.
  12. Beauregard

Switch Pitchforks for Percentage signs, people, and we'll storm the MC Castle! [Is it true that people can't read what we're saying inside brackets?] Alternately, we could simply hyjack *'s and no one would have any action for days...*shifty eyes* Not that some of us get any anyway...

Bea:zany:{And what about these brackets?}regard
  13. theprawncracker

Board the & boats, mister Beau! We're taking this war out to sea! With all the surfing going on here we'll need to dominate the ocean!

I will take on the dangerous mention of, as you said, hijacking every * this forum has ever known! $-speed my friend! *flies off*

[I can read all brackets.]
  14. Beauregard

[Good, then we'll discuss stratergy...!]

*sends ^'s ~'s and /'s into flight loaded with iron .'s and ,'s*
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Aside from the muffining that's already begun in this thread...

Didn't Phillip explain that people were beginning to abuse the use of certain puncuation marks (like question marks and exclamation points), hence why they edited it to where whenever you try to use more than one in a line it's been edited to only include the first one, with the exception of three periods in a row indicating a pause (I forget what that's called)?
  16. theprawncracker

Well I understand that it mayhave been abused, but I think that if it is being abused it can quickly be edited so just that post doesn't sound so harsh... but that's just me.
  17. Beauregard

People were...But people have been punished! If it has to be limited, limit it to three...

*thwacks Snowthy, gently, upside the head with !* Abused? Never *innocent*
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

What are ya talking about?.!

He he! I made a white . between the ? and ! symbols (however a space does just as well) and it turns out just fine. It's a good work-around for those who find it important to use such punctuation contextually while still discouraging those for more "overly passionate" purposes. ;)
  19. Beauregard

Hmm...I suppose this might work ! ! ! ...But doesn't have the same kind of a context...
  20. theprawncracker

Beau's right... it would be much easier to just type them without the space... I dunno, I just feel like it's very unneeded to not allow it.