¡Viva la Puntuación!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree with Prawnie's agreeing with me! It's just natural (to me) to use three exclaimation points for emphasis.

Sure, one gives the sentence a gramatical kick up the gramatical heiney, but three gives it the Enthusistic WHOOMP! that Muppet Central parties are so loved for providing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of it, but then again I like to be agreeable. :wink:

(Now wondering if there should be a filter on the word agree? ! :concern: )

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah... putting a block on excessive punctuation isn't only communicatively stunting, it ruins the fun for everyone who doesn't abuse the privilege.

So, I love this thread. Go excessive punctuation! (insert 3 !'s here) And while we're at it, I should just start throwing in random french accents to mess with people. It's a political çhoicé!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Go Pepper! If we can get a Rizzo smilie, there no hill we cannot climb!

*breaks into song*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
with the exception of three periods in a row indicating a pause (I forget what that's called)?
Tis called "Ellipses," though... possibly not spelled that way. :coy:

And I want multiple exclamation marks! I realize this probably falls in the "excessive use" category, but I sincerely miss typing exactly eighteen exclamation marks after my "MORE PLEASE" when nagging for more fanfiction. But it was always eighteen, no more than that, for the same reason that I have eighteen tilda's between scenes in fanfiction and, when emotions are running high, give eighteen hugs! (...Perhaps I should clarify that in Hebrew numerology, eighteen symbolizes life, and therefore I like to overuse the number eighteen...)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
*sings along to the TMS theme*

I miss my punctuation,
I ask where did it go?
I like to be excessive
with my question marks, you know? ? ?

Don't forget exclamations,
which I also adore,
I think my life without them
has become an awful bore! ! !

Beauregard

Reaction score
*takes up chant*

I miss my punctuation,
I ask where did it go?
I like to be excessive
with my question marks, you know? ? ?

Don't forget exclamations,
which I also adore,
I think my life without them
has become an awful bore! ! !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smirk: If you're upsot aboot the fact that this was brought on by people abusing the multiple punctuations... Take it up with and blame the people who abused them in the first place. Poor punctuation marks, what did they ever do to anybody?
Snowth, they are indeed called an ellipsis or ellipses in plural form
Prawn, no, when you type punctuation marks by themselves, people or screenreaders do not read them as such.
*Whacks Prawn, the Henchie Fraggle of this whole thing with my question mark cane.
Besides... You're taking Spanish and you couldn't get the title correctly spelled? Points off for not accentuating your vowels. Summer school for the prawn.*Evil laugh. Now settle down and get back to whatever it is you weirdos do all night long.

Count down.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how punctuation can be abused... I don't think it was such a big problem in the first place that we needed limits.

I'm not usually a multiple-punctuation-mark kinda guy, but every now and then, I do feel the need to agree with someone strongly enough to use three or even *gasp* four !s. So count me in! This revolution is +1!

Beauregard

Reaction score
It used be abused by people who would, for example, fill an entire post with Exclaimation marks or in angry slams...I miss them trio though.