1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

¡Viva la Puntuación!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, May 1, 2008.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

HAHAHAH! TWENTY LASHES? D:
    Alright, if you MUST insist.
    Honestly...who knew you were into that?

*Putting on the leather*
    XP....Oh wait...

....*Looks at her hand* :0 Omg....

ERM...*Is back in her normal clothes*

*Puts them on*
    *Flutters eyelashes*

xP Now I haff fuller, darker lashes...with...

MAYBELASH....

*Background sexy music plays*

Now YOU can have longer lasting lashes..WITH...

MAYBELASH....XP

"Maybelash...where we do things the Prawn way..."

xP

*Models* XP
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Giving this thread a MUCH needed bump in order to put it out there for nomination in this year's Muppet Central Awards for Best Thread! Stop on by and fill out a ballot! It's easy as pie! :zany: ;)
  3. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

how did i miss this thread?

i put this observation in another thread, but clearly it belongs here. i went to a seminar on punctuation in medieval and early modern texts, and it reminded me of the mc forum:

sometimes punctuation is grammatical, but other times it guides a reader on how to interpret a text when reading it aloud/performing it. someone wished we had more choices of punctuation marks, and the speaker noted that emoticons beginning to serve that function.

so i realized that MC emoticons have THREE functions:
    1) as punctuation to guide reader interpretation (if you go by the labels you see when you roll the mouse over the icon selection tray): yikes:eek:
    2) literally the name of the character depicted: my favorite frog is :)
    3) as some other facet of the muppet's personality: and i am cute, too :super:

i still usually find emoticons annoying, but thinking of them as an evolution in vernacular punctuation might just make me ok with them.