2 Waves Of Muppet Fans

radionate

Reaction score
That sounds like my story of an intimate moment and Conan O'Brian doing a muppet parady. A very funny story, but not one for the thread. :flirt:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I guess I'd probably be somewhere between II and III too, leaning towards III. The most influencial show for me was "Sesame Street." I also used to watch "Muppet Babies" and "Fraggle Rock," the latter only briefly because we didn't have the channel very long. And I didn't get to watch "The Muppet Show" until quite a bit later, when we had cable for about a year and a half. Then it went away again. :frown: I also watched all of the movies. They were great!
Erin

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
...an intimate moment .... very funny story, but not one for the thread.
A thread all about doin it to the Muppets? That might be a little too weird for me.

radionate

Reaction score
No no no no, I wasn't doing it to the Muppets....I was doin something with someone (a real live person).

Doin' it to a Muppet is Byron's job.

scarecroe

Reaction score
No no, I didn't mean doing it *to* a Muppet, I meant doing it... to the Muppets... as in one might do it to classical music or something.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm in Wave 3, I guess, but some of us Wave 3-ers were also raised on those reruns of TMS on Nickelodeon....And when Nick would show old Muppet specials on "Special Delivery". And Disney reran Fraggle Rock and Secret Life of Toys at one point....Though I don't remember exactly when.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
By age, I'm a three-er. But I consider myself inbetween the two. I was raised on Muppet Babies, an ocassional Jim Henson Hour (although rare), and Muppet compilation tapes that came out in 1985. That's what I was raised on, then went on to MTI, Muppets Tonight, etc etc. I never actually saw The Muppet Movie until I was eight. But, in the good ol' eighties, when Muppets were high and fashion was down, The Great Muppet Caper was frequently shown on TV, so Mom taped it when I was three, and because of that, it's my favorite one.

I miss the old Disney channel. They used to show that Triple Feature Friday thing without commercial interruption, and they had something Muppet on all the time. One week they had TGMC and The Man Called Flinstone. A few months later, they showed the Muppets in Walt Disney World. They would quite frequently show the old Muppet specials.

I was also raised on Secret Life of Toys, but, for some reason, Mom never let me watch Fraggle Rock. I guess she figured she had built up enough of an obsession with the Muppets.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
No no, I didn't mean doing it *to* a Muppet, I meant doing it... to the Muppets... as in one might do it to classical music or something.
We weren't doing it to that either. The TV just happened to be on, and then a Muppet Parody came on, the rest is for me telling to friends in private over a beer. :stick_out_tongue:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
IIIII know what you meant Scott, so don't feel as if you were unclear.

(whispers)

Pssssst---Nate's a li'l slow. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wave one all the way. I actually enjoyed The Muppet Show much more than Sesame Street as a young kid (though I enjoyed both shows). That could explain my poor spelling. :stick_out_tongue:

It's strange to me to see all these wave 2 and 3ers so passionate about the Muppets. They are usually much better about trivia too.

The first film I remember seeing in the theater was The Muppet Movie - funny enough, it's the first VHS tape I ever owned back when the technology first came out around 1980 or so. :smile:

Geez, I feel old. :sleep: :sympathy: