1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

2007 Muppet Presidential Election begins

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Mar 8, 2007.

?

Cast Votes for Muppet President

Poll closed Apr 21, 2007.
GroverMonster/theprawncracker 3 vote(s) 12.0%
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/Luke 6 vote(s) 24.0%
Miss Piggy/Ruahnna 12 vote(s) 48.0%
Beaker/Beakerfan 4 vote(s) 16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

By Dwayne1115

And I suggested this as an addendum:

And, at Kimp's suggestion here's the game thread.

I will accept several PMs to be submitted for Lin's approval and will edit this when I am no longer accepting those PMs.

This lends itself open to a good, long game of fun and mirth. I will close the game, however, if it gets out of hand and serious or not within Muppet Central's family-fun atmosphere.

To discuss this game along the way, use this thread:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=22606

To understand the rules of role-play as characters, see this post:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=209807&postcount=1
  2. Fozzie Bear Moderator

The election committee has convened and the ballots for Muppety President are as follows. An important note ends this post for two of the characters that have been chosen need an exception to role-playing rules. Keep in mind that the campaign is for Muppet President, the MC member is the running mate, and all posts must be made in the character which he/she is to represent.

Here's what we'll do (more rules):
    1) Each Muppet candidate will post one post to follow this announcement which will be his/her campaign announcement speech.
    2) At the end of each person's speech the ballot will be cast for voting to begin.
    3) At the end of a certain period of time, the one with the least amount of votes will have to concede to the other campaigning Muppets; however, he/she may still participate in the game by rallying for the Muppet he/she will be voting for.
    4) The game will end when the last Muppet stands.

DISCLAIMER:-Game rules can be altered at any time. Keep a check on post #'s 1 and 2 of this thread.
    -This thread may be locked if a new one has to be opened in the event the polls may not be altered when begun.

On the ticket for Muppet President are:
    (Muppet Presidential Candidate/MC Forum Member Running Mate)
    Grover Monster/theprawncracker
    Miss Piggy/Ruahnna
    Beaker/Beakerfan
    Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/Luke
    Yorick/G-Man
    Pepe the Kingprawn/Kimp the Shrimp

SPECIAL NOTE/RULE(S):
    For the purposes of this game, rather than "meeps," Beaker will be able to speak and be understood; and, rather than grunts, Yorick will be allowed to speak and be understood (quite like we allow Camilla to speak in words rather than just clucks in other role-playing games in the past).
  3. MuppetsRule Active Member

I just love an election. It's so, umm, American. :attitude:
  4. Teheheman Well-Known Member

Wait, why can't we allow Beaker as Bunsen's VP? Or are there no VPs in this game?

Daniel
  5. Fozzie Bear Moderator

The MC members who are playing the roles are the running mates of the Muppet who will be Prez.
  6. Teheheman Well-Known Member

Oh ok then, thanks for clearing that up

Daniel
  7. Beakerfan Active Member

Beaker: Good afternoon! Today I would like to announce that as of April 8, 2007, I am entering my ticket in the Muppet Presidential campaign. If elected President, I promise to be just, truthful, and strong for this nation. I will take care to listen to what the people want, and will keep the muppets of this country in mind when making decisions. I trust that you, as voters, will keep an open mind during the election season, and will listen to all sides of a debate while making your decisions.

Thank you!
  8. Luke Active Member

Bunsen:- Here at Muppet Labs we are taking this Muppet Presidential Election process very seriously. Prior to announcing myself as a candidate i instructed Beaker to make a detailed study of the American Election process, he studied the 2000 Bush/Gore Election and realized how easy it was for a person with low intelligence who is easily manipulated and says very little to get elected, therefore Beaker has decided to stand for election himself!

Undeterred by this act of treachery, i would like to announce that i, Dr Bunsen Honeydew Of Muppetville will be standing as a candidate. My first act (if elected president) will be to ban all testing on Animal/s, and instead put forward Beaker as a volunteer for anything potentially dangerous. I will pay special attention to the immigration process and any King Prawns trying to enter the country to work for "de monies". The Muppet Show Season 2 will be released on the new Green Ray High Definition Laser Powered Nuclear Explosive format, and all rats will be banned from the White House, which will be painted Kermit green. Instead a team of Penguins will be running my office where special hot tubs will be installed - all penguins will wear speedo's with the presidential seal (who will be an actual seal).
  9. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Grover: HELLO EVERYBODIEEEEEEE!! It is I Grover, your favorite cute, cuddly, furry blue monster here, and today I am going to teach you all something very important. Today I am teaching about running for political office! Yeah, yeah, is it not excting? I will be running, not litterally, you see, for the office of President of- ...something or other. Anyway, I am representing everyone from Sesame Street as their pick for President of- ...something or other. So, I hope to have your vote too, and then I can give everybody flying lessons as SU-per Grover! Thank you! Thank you public!
  10. Beauregard Well-Known Member

*begins pulling together support for Bunsen* *creates picket lines*
  11. The Count Moderator

*Begins drumming up support for Miss Piggy and Catherine. What? She hasn't yet made her acceptance speech? Details, don't bother me with details.
    *Starts mass publishing of her epic fanfics to disseminate amongst the public to get their votes. *Calls up Kermit to warn him he'd better get in line with the pig's campaign or suffer serious bodily harm.
  12. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Grover: Well, it is good to know I have supporters.
    Elmo: Elmo supports Grover! GOOOOO GROVER!!
    Grover: Well, it is good to know I have the vote of the obnoxiously cute three year old voters.
  13. The Count Moderator

Yeah... Except for the fact they can't vote... *Hands out Piggy pins from the box next to his clipboard. Huh? Oh hi, the name's Scooter. Miss Piggy hired me as her assistant, but she'll make her grand entrance later... As usual.
  14. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Grover: *looks at camera* Go-fers are such a mean little animal, are they not?
  15. Luke Active Member

Bunsen: Here at Muppet Labs our policy on Mud slinging is to get dirty. Therefore we do not wish to draw the voters attention to the fact that Miss Piggy's "Moi" fragrance smells awfully like Calvin Klein, and could well be a cheap knock off. We will also not be be revealing the fact that Miss Piggy is really a man at this stage in the campaign, although we have obtained some very interesting photos involving feather boas.

As for Grover, he represents Elmo, and he has multiple personalities. Nuff said!
  16. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Grover: Oh, there is mud-slinging? That is filty. I am not sure my mommy would condone me getting my cute little business suit messy.
  17. Beakerfan Active Member

Beaker: Oh! Uh, mudslinging? *steps in something* What's this? *throws fistfull of mud at Bunsen*
  18. The Count Moderator

Scooter: It should be noted that Dr. Honeydew's statements are those of a discredited crackpot scientist and should not be taken at face value. Furthermore, the photographs he alledges to have have been doctored to show the outcome he wishes to prove. Miss Piggy will arrive, at her own fashionable moment and address these allegations after issueing forth her acceptance speech.
  19. Luke Active Member

Bunsen: Re-purchased from Ebay (account Notashrimp) i have here the mind numbing Rubber Duckie as featured in Muppets From Space. I think it will come in useful later on in the campaign.

In other news, i would like to make some more policy announcements. If elected, i will have the Muppet congress grant Sababa Toys a special license to make a Mokey Plush which will be specially discounted for all Muppet Central members (who vote for me). I am also considering sending Elmo into space (one way ticket) as he's annoying, though i'm not sure yet how popular this decision would be so will be holding discussions on this matter and may possibly send Andy & Randy pig instead.
  20. Beauregard Well-Known Member

"Hello again and welcome to the wiiiiild world of Muppet Sports. Here at Muppet Central, potential presidential candidates are gathering with a will. There's mud flying, dirt being shifted through, and...I think I heard something about "Elmo Goes To Space" a new straight-to-dvd release in which Elmo, bless his heart, saves the entire universe by revealing the inner cute to a race of savage monsters...right before the monsters are shot down by airplanes and beauty kills the beast. That's all for today from the wild world of Muppet Sport."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.