Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Voting Commission:
The rules follow, and the candidates are in the poll for 10 days after it begins.

Each candidate is to now post an opening statement to win their voters, and all MC members who open this thread are encouraged to participate in this game and vote.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
THE RULES

2007 Muppet Presidential Election begins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Dwayne1115

Well i have been watching alot of news as of late and i think a neat kind of game would be "The Next Muppet President Campain 2008" with all the plotices going on i think it would be neat to see some muppet mud slinging in all clean fun. i want to see what people think before i start this though.
And I suggested this as an addendum:

We need 3 main players to do role playing basically for the three unnamed Muppet Politicians. Basically, the 3 main players will be picked from those who PM why they themselves would be a good politician. I'll have my buddy Lin choose the 3 players and 3 characters.
Those 3 players will be assigned certain Muppet characters, who will later be listed in the polls to be voted for by MC members. In the meantime, Dwayne1115 will be the Game Host, asking the "Muppets" questions (non-serious, obviously nothing controversial) as if in a debate. All the "Muppets" will be given a chance to answer the question before the next question is asked, thus trying to convince why they (ie, the Muppet Character) would be the best President!

And, at Kimp's suggestion here's the game thread.

I will accept several PMs to be submitted for Lin's approval and will edit this when I am no longer accepting those PMs.

This lends itself open to a good, long game of fun and mirth. I will close the game, however, if it gets out of hand and serious or not within Muppet Central's family-fun atmosphere.

To discuss this game along the way, use this thread:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=22606

To understand the rules of role-play as characters, see this post:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showp...07&postcount=1

The election committee has convened and the ballots for Muppety President are as follows. An important note ends this post for two of the characters that have been chosen need an exception to role-playing rules. Keep in mind that the campaign is for Muppet President, the MC member is the running mate, and all posts must be made in the character which he/she is to represent.

Here's what we'll do (more rules):
1) Each Muppet candidate will post one post to follow this announcement which will be his/her campaign announcement speech.
2) At the end of each person's speech the ballot will be cast for voting to begin.
3) At the end of a certain period of time, the one with the least amount of votes will have to concede to the other campaigning Muppets; however, he/she may still participate in the game by rallying for the Muppet he/she will be voting for.
4) The game will end when the last Muppet stands.

DISCLAIMER:-Game rules can be altered at any time. Keep a check on post #'s 1 and 2 of this thread.
-This thread may be locked if a new one has to be opened in the event the polls may not be altered when begun.

On the ticket for Muppet President are:
(Muppet Presidential Candidate/MC Forum Member Running Mate)

Grover Monster/theprawncracker
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/Luke
Miss Piggy/Ruahnna
Beaker/Beakerfan

Yorick/G-Man (conceded to the other candidates)
Pepe the Kingprawn/Kimp the Shrimp (conceded to the other candidates)

(To see the outcome of prior voting, please see this thread:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=31572)

SPECIAL NOTE/RULE(S):
For the purposes of this game, rather than "meeps," Beaker will be able to speak and be understood; and, rather than grunts, Yorick will be allowed to speak and be understood (quite like we allow Camilla to speak in words rather than just clucks in other role-playing games in the past).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Grover: Hello everybodeeeeeeeeeee!! It is I, again, your furry, blue pal, Grover here! Yeah! I would like to thank each and every one of you who voted for me in the primary elections, if I could I would give you all a big hug! Wait! That is a great idea! Everyone who votes for me, gets a big hug! So, start voting, then form the line to my left!

Oh, and of course I would also like to thank my good friends Herry, and Cookie Monster for helping my campaign along the way. Oh, and my mommy too.

Now let us get out there and win again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Walks in to the new voting station.

Scooter: Um Fozzie/Kevin... Just wanted to point out a few mistakes you might want to correct.
Piggy's running mate's screen name is "Ruahnna", not "Ruhanna" as stated above.
Also, any MC member who "opens" this thread? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only moderators or Gamemasters could open threads in this part of the forum.

Anyway, thanks for updating the ballots, we'll have lots of work to do if we want to get to the next round though.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
[Bean Bunny/B]

Well as the Good Dr.'s campin manager i want to be the frist to say that we are happy we have goten this far and will make a good run out of it.

Luke

Reaction score
Dr Bunsen: Here at Muppet Labs we would like to thank each and every one of you who voted for Dr Bunz (thats all 6 of you) meaning we came second in the polls. Our lab rats are working tirelessly to scientifically compute the plans for our "Greenhouse" and Penguin jacuzzi. I would like to announce that my campaign manager Bean Bunny will also hug each one of you who votes for me, and give you a cute little Beany plush which you can hug and love. While the last round was full of muck, dirt and fighting, i will not hold it against Miss Piggy's gofer Scooter for starting that, and now hold out an olive branch to him (whacks scooter with olive branch). I would like to promote love and peace to all the other candidates, even though i may have blown Beaker up a few times in the past. Remember we here at the Dr Bunz campaign also promote cute and cuddlyness, the return to promincence of the Muppets and Fraggles, along with a scientific cunning and a promise to do things the American way!

Vote Bunz, Thats Dr Bunz!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Scooter: On behalf of Miss Piggy, we'd like to thank all those who voted for her this past round in the primaries. And to those of you who are thinking of voting, remember a vote for Piggy means that this Muppet nation will be run smoothly and with the backbone to enforce her presidential duties. A vote for Piggy means that you'll look good, or grouchy best or worst as the case may be, because she'll look great! A vote for Piggy means there'll be two girls for every guy, and all you have to do is just wink your eye... Now get out there and vote for Piggy!!
*Gets overly excited for his frog-in-chief's real boss's chances of winning this thing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Moves out of the way before Dr. Bunswormer hits him. Yeah right... You're the one who started all that crud you crackpot.
Scooter: Hugs by Bean Bunny? That should be enough to repel the crowds away from his campaign on its own.
*Places sign reading Vote for Piggy on Bunsen's back.

Luke

Reaction score
Y'see, he's started it already! Just goes to prove that the gofer is willing to go down to any level in this to help Miss Piggy's struggling campaign and his shifty uncles underhanded business relationship with it.

Rizzo The Rat: I would like to announce that Dr Bunz will no longer be party to anything like that sort of thing and will now be taking the more mature adult stance and not commenting on Scooters slurs.
*** Dr Bunz starts doing the chicken tonight dance ***
The Fraggles: There's gonna be a party? Oh boy, Whoooopeeeeee !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Little does Bun realize that he's really campaigning for Miss Piggy instead.

Uh-huh... And I suppose that whack with the olive branch you were going to hit me with was nothing more than a friendly little tap. The public knows your true motives Dr. Melonhead and will knock you off of your high horse in the end.

Besides, I think they'll change their minds should a certain videotape of that encounter of yours last evening ever air on public television.

Status
Not open for further replies.