A beginning...

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
robinthecrow said:
Has anyone any idea how to fashion hair styles with fur? ala Rod from Avenue Q or any other muppet/puppet with fashioned hair?

I've tried use the end of my hot glue gun to heat the hair up to fashion but I end up with hair ends on my gun.

Any ideas?
If you have a picture of what you want to do I might be able to help. Also hairspray works very well with fake fur.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
He's looking great! I love the tongue piercing.

Just a suggestion for rod-attachment -- I found that sticking a 4-inch or so length of 1/2-inch plastic tubing in the hand with one end poking out at the wrist works wonderfully for removable rods. If you bend the 2 inches of the rod or so that are actually inside the hand, the tubing will keep it wedged in there pretty tightly, and there's no place for the rod to go.

Woofus

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed this thread! :smile: I've learned a lot and enjoyed seeing the progression of your puppets as they come to life.

I'm curious to see how the penguin is coming along. :wink:

Keep up the great work!

Woofus!

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice chaps. I'll see what I can do with real hair products about styling my puppets' hair.

And I'm still investigating this rod thing so will give your way a try scarylarry.

Woofus, glad to hear you're enjoying my adventures in the Puppet Building World! The penguin will have to come along after I finish this big batch of puppets I'm doing for someone - and I've reached the point where I literally have no money to buy anymore materials! Oh dear, oh dear.

David.