A Letter From Kermit

Whatever

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
I thought he was renting the house from Fozzies Mum whilst she goes on vacation but all the plans change when fozzie and the muppets show up unexpectedly.
That's right.
Shame on you, Kevin! (j/k)

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
The 'Kermit' Doc is referring to doesn't even have to be Kermit The Frog. Lots of people (even, a person I knew from grade school) have Kermit as their first name.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I always thought Kermit was a name Jim Henson made up, and when somebody says Kermit my brain automatically puts "The Frog" Afterwards. That's really suprising ... poor kid in his case I guess having a name like that not easy being green takes on a whole new meaning. :excited:

BEAR

Reaction score
Squall Leonhart said:
I always thought Kermit was a name Jim Henson made up, and when somebody says Kermit my brain automatically puts "The Frog" Afterwards. That's really suprising ... poor kid in his case I guess having a name like that not easy being green takes on a whole new meaning. :excited:

I think Kermit is a cool name! People don't realize that it is a name people actually have, not one just made up by Henson. Of course the frog is the most famous Kermit and anyone who hears the name will always think of Kermit the Frog. The same thing goes for names like Grover. There were people named Grover long before Sesame Street aired in 69, but you probably will never hear of someone naming their baby Grover again because of our lovable blue monster friend.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It would also be kind of mean to name a child Grover or Kermit nowadays. Since they are always associated with SS.

I watched that episode yesterday. I rewound (so to speak) it and watched that part again. I was all, "Did Doc just say...?" ><

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Before the Muppets became famous, Kermit was a common name. I have read that Jim Henson did have a friend named Kermit, but some sources have said that Kermit The Frog wasn't named after Jims friend while other sources say that he was named after a childhood friend.

Oh, and Kermit The Frog wasn't named after Kermit Love, in case you are wondering.

As for muppet refferences, I have read that in one of Traveling Matts post card segments, he went to a drive-in that was playing The Dark Crystal, and I remember seeing a Grover doll in the background of a bedroom in Uncle Matts Discovery.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
It would also be kind of mean to name a child Grover or Kermit nowadays. Since they are always associated with SS.

I watched that episode yesterday. I rewound (so to speak) it and watched that part again. I was all, "Did Doc just say...?" ><
That's kind of what I mean. No one would name their child those names because of Sesame Street.